New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With any new manager I always believe they should get a season to get things wrong and the following season till Christmas to put it right. Not with Benitez.

If he makes a fist of it and he has us in the Euro places end of season one, ok. But if he's struggling in the first season I'd be all for binning him and searching again.
If he really is- all things being equal etc. The best we can get for now...unless we are really ripping up trees...as soon as 'The Real Deal' comes he should be gone.

*Lightbulb moment;
Darn it, its working! they've managed my AND YOURS expectations down from NO WAY to get rid asap.

If Spurs get Nuno, why did they waste all the money and time, by sacking Mourinho. The fella makes Jose look like Prime Fergie.

The most bizarre transfer movements in how long? Even West Brom got down to their 5th choice.
It could be that too many managers just want to wave the cheque book, see if it works, if not, take the compo after 20 months or what ever then move on to the next payday

If he really is- all things being equal etc. The best we can get for now...unless we are really ripping up trees...as soon as 'The Real Deal' comes he should be gone.

*Lightbulb moment;
Darn it, its working! they've managed my AND YOURS expectations down from NO WAY to get rid asap.
My 'no way' mood ebbed from last night onward when the realisation that it's defo going to be him struck home. Now it's all about enduring this with a dented shield.

I wanted Nuno from the off, others wouldn't have it. Be careful what you wish for...

My 'no way' mood ebbed from last night onward when the realisation that it's defo going to be him struck home. Now it's all about enduring this with a dented shield.

I wanted Nuno from the off, others wouldn't have it. Be careful what you wish for...
I'll take a chance on wishing for Bielsa - I wanted him before Ancelotti...and I'd take similar now

A dour miserable fat man having a go at a much better manager who’s done a far better job at his club than Benitez ever did? I think Klopp would just laugh in his face.
Tbf benitez won a cl, got to a final and finished 2nd in the league without breaking world record transfer fees in two positions and having one of the highest wage bills in the world. *this is not an endorsement of benitez in any way shape or form

Can't decide which is the lesser evil, seeing benitez sitting on the bench where Kendall and Catterick sat, watching Everton fans cheerleading for the turd singing his lfc nickname or watching turgid anti - football while the demolishonists across the park laugh at our turmoil and sing the name of the manager they sacked cos he was done in the derbys. 40 applications we were told and this is the horse theyre backing.The School of Science and the Dogs of War have been turned into running dogs and quislings by an imbecile owner.

If Benitez and Brands are going to work together on rebuilding the squad, and if he can make us hard to beat, then I think a lot of it will die down pretty quickly. He won things with them, but he's had so many jobs before and since that he just doesn't register with me as being so died in the wool Liverpool that others seem to. Like I've said, the fact he'd even put himself forward for it says as much. Klopp, Gerrard, Dalglish, Souness, etc, would never even consider it. And nor would I if they were genuine candidates.

2 of my favourite ever players played for them 1st, Don Hutchison and Peter Beardsley, and I didn't want either to begin with for the same reasons. But I associate them both with Everton now.

People will come around to it over time, I'm convinced. If Sammy Lee could take a post here and be humble about it, then I don't see why Benitez can't. The idea of Sammy Lee was far less palatable at the time, and to be fair to him, he gave his all and treated us with respect. He is far more red than Benitez will ever be. Same goes for Gary Abblet, not to mention Sheedy, Watson, and even Peter Reid, albeit never in a playing capacity.

If the idea is to replace Ancelotti with as like for like as you can get and to continue with the plan despite the huge setback we suffered when he walked, then you have to respect the plan and just hope it all works out.

Again, he wouldn't have been my 1st choice, but compared to some names mentioned, he is nowhere near the bottom either. By some way. And I can objectively see why he has been considered, if you look past the obvious.

I'd still be happy giving it to Ferguson, who is pretty much the polar opposite as far as appointments go, but that seems to have been equally divisive, albeit with much less vitriol. Similar applies with Martinez.

The only other option I've seen suggested that I would be more positive about of at this point in time would be Mancini, but I don't how realistic that 1 is. The rest have either been uninspiring or completely unrealistic.

I actually don't think I've ever hated a red manager more than Benitez, I can see him truly buying into the challenge of annoying Klopp.

Fans can be fickle, we all hate the thought of him managing us, but all it will take is us to win the Derby early in season and RB to have a right dig at Klopp and we will lap it up.... Deliver a trophy in his first season then will be name a stand after him at BMD........

Just announce the bloody thing and let him have a chance of getting in some players.

Status
Not open for further replies.