New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He spent 2 years at nice but apart from that your quite right.

Although I've just read that it was favre's representatives that made initial contact with Palace first.

Very strange situation all round I think.
Think hes gotten a better offer sorry @Alan Whittle. He was in for the Celtic job too. Would seem odd to realise he wants a break now after hes been actively seeking job in Britain for months. Had a blip at Dortmund but been fantastic everywhere else - like moyes but without the fellani/baines saga would be great here but will propably go spuds if the rs abomination is on its way here.

But it is understood that despite being sacked by Dortmund in December 2020, the former Switzerland midfielder has decided that he would like to take a longer break from football and is not yet ready to return to the rigours of management. Favre is believed to have interest from other clubs – most notably Lille and Fenerbahce – although sources close to him have insisted that he is not intending to take another job in the near future.
That would appear to also rule out any prospective move to Everton, who had also expressed an interest Favre in recent days.

Elated that Spurs are talking to Nuno. Didn't want him at all. Mind you when Spurs find out about his 30 backroom staff they probably wont want him either. Been a mad time for clubs and their manager searches this. It is a bit like the hokey cokey.

But it is understood that despite being sacked by Dortmund in December 2020, the former Switzerland midfielder has decided that he would like to take a longer break from football and is not yet ready to return to the rigours of management. Favre is believed to have interest from other clubs – most notably Lille and Fenerbahce – although sources close to him have insisted that he is not intending to take another job in the near future.
That would appear to also rule out any prospective move to Everton, who had also expressed an interest Favre in recent days.
Carlo was committed to the Everton project too, they all lie.

With any new manager I always believe they should get a season to get things wrong and the following season till Christmas to put it right. Not with Benitez.

If he makes a fist of it and he has us in the Euro places end of season one, ok. But if he's struggling in the first season I'd be all for binning him and searching again.

With any new manager I always believe they should get a season to get things wrong and the following season till Christmas to put it right. Not with Benitez.

If he makes a fist of it and he has us in the Euro places end of season one, ok. But if he's struggling in the first season I'd be all for binning him and searching again.
I don't often agree with you , but I do on this one mate. That said , I still don't think that this is a done deal

TBF That's a big old void to fill.
lemmings.gif

Well thats what a blog is.

People on here have made their minds up about him without even giving him a chance, based on a mistranslated comment from 15 years ago and because he won trophies at a different team.
There’s also the fact that his teams play dire ,defensive, retrogressive and boring football.
Those comments are just the icing on a rather unpleasant and bulbous cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.