New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the very least it's equally as important if not more important than player recruitment.

Signing a poor player won't improve the team but signing a poor manager can definitely absolutely ruin a team.
Tell that to Man Utd

I'm not advocating him. I'm saying that in terms of qualifications it's more 'rational' to hand him a role at Everton then Weir.
My principal concern with Benitez is that far from the new broom that Usmanov / Moshiri may think he is, he'll go out of his way to be accomodating and conciliatory and just go with the Everton flow on everything. A three year contract at home is his for the taking.

If he / they wanted to have a smidgeon of understanding on how to win support here, they could use Benitez' as the foil to remove these hangers-on, let alone attract more of them to the trough.

That cull first, and then the squad. Do that and sell it to the supporters, it would at least be an olive branch that there was a degree of seriousness at long last about turning the club around.

I don't see it working out like that.

This will be why the negotiation is ongoing, they’re trying to wedge in as many mates as possible.

When he inevitably fails the ‘dream squad’ will finally have their turn, they’ve been waiting since Moyes.
Could be something to that. The clique look out for the clique only. They'll use the situation to strengthen their cohort on the coaching staff.

We'll have a cone-laying no mark as manager very soon. Probably as a caretaker and then promoted on the back of a string of decent results.

The club is a circus act. It needs an enema but all we're getting is a Benitez-sized laxative.

I am heartily sick of this farcical managerial "search" that has taken them all the way to Caldy.

If it is going to be Benitez FFS have the courage of your convictions Moshiri and appoint him and reap the whirlwind.

I cannot wish the team ill but then again I won't be going to Goodison whilst he is in charge. I appreciate and understand that not everyone will feel this strongly.

The thought of actually seeing him in our dugout turns my stomach.

To think that both him and that piece of work Sammy Lee will both have been associated with our great club saddens me beyond words.

Alan Ball and Howard Kendall must be turning in their graves.

And all this will have happened whilst Kenwright remains on the board , hang your head in shame you charlatan.

Moshiri hasn't got a clue about our history and values but you would have hoped that Kenwright would have counselled against or quit if he failed to prevail.

When the announcement comes it will be the saddest day in Everton's history.

If you don't get it , then I genuinely feel sorry for you.

The one thing that is keeping me slightly sane in thinking Benitez is taking over us, is this.....

The guy, especially living locally must know the absolute [Poor language removed] storm he is going to be walking into yet by all accounts is still prepared to do it. That, at least takes some balls. For that reason kicking out some of the absolute cart horses we have in the squad, shouldn't then bother him at all.

Small mercies and all that
Win win for him, does bad.. pay day does well keeps his job

My principal concern with Benitez is that far from the new broom that Usmanov / Moshiri may think he is, he'll go out of his way to be accomodating and conciliatory and just go with the Everton flow on everything. A three year contract at home is his for the taking.

If he / they wanted to have a smidgeon of understanding on how to win support here, they could use Benitez' as the foil to remove these hangers-on, let alone attract more of them to the trough.

That cull first, and then the squad. Do that and sell it to the supporters, it would at least be an olive branch that there was a degree of seriousness at long last about turning the club around.

I don't see it working out like that.

Spot on.

They have no idea that's how the majority of us feel. We want a sweep clean of all the failed coaches who have unforgivably and inexplicably survived 5/6 managers.

The officers and owners of this club are utterly clueless of the mood amongst fans.

Could be something to that. The clique look out for the clique only. They'll use the situation to strengthen their cohort on the coaching staff.

We'll have a cone-laying no mark as manager very soon. Probably as a caretaker and then promoted on the back of a string of decent results.

The club is a circus act. It needs an enema but all we're getting is a Benitez-sized laxative.
Rafael is out of work, he’s perfect, he doesn’t have a team in situ so he’ll bring a few of his own and Everton can plug the gaps for him

Status
Not open for further replies.