New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rogers and Poch? That's the type we need someone who can get results and build. I appreciate it's hard to find that man but Benitez is deeply uninspiring and divisive. But hey I hope he does well because I support Everton. Only plus is Moshiri is going to have to buy players to placate us.
Well mate but we can’t get the Leicester manger who is an ex red as well and Poch would never come here. I don’t want manager like Martinez and Silva these bottom half managers who didn’t do particularly well at their old clubs but somehow end up at this club.

I don't buy the soulless bowl thing and I'm not bothered by the sewerage works (we've been across the park from the biggest septic tank on Merseyside for 100 years). I think the stadium itself looks boss. I just don't see how it is going to be this game changer that some people think it will be. That, coupled with the fact that many posters seem to use it as cover for every bad decision the club makes and I just wonder if it is all worth it?
but you've not seen it yet remember. I'm sure the Emirates looked good on paper, as did all those horrendous concrete flyovers from the 1970s. The area itself is a desolate land that time forgot next to a dank and murky river, which halves access routes along roads which aint great to begin with.

In football terms this isnt as low a moment as when we appointed Allardyce. when we appointed him we were basically saying we were relegation fodder and we needed the man who works relegation miracles to keep us up. This is more like an in between koeman and ancellotti appointment. Its above a koeman as i think he didnt give a crap about us a a club and just thought salary. I think Benitez will care more about achieving with us as he lives in this area and will also want to prove a point . But below an Ancellotti whose stock was much higher although who like Benitez is past his peak years. I appreciate on a human level its bad as he managed the RS and its hard to disassociate him from that and the comments he made about us being a small club. But we used to call him a chubby Manuel so that for me is tit for tat. I am trying to look on it purely on what impact we will have on the league and i think we will be no worse off with Benitez than under Ancellotti

I do prefer the idea of a taking a progressive building approach like appointing a Graham Potter would demonstrate as it would reassure me that the board are thinking the right way in saying lets build and see where we will be in 3-4 years time rather than thinking that all it takes is a manager with a big name/reputation who will come in and make us competitive immediately. Our current team is not good enough for that and the board should know this

I'll give you a scenario:

You have worked as a manager for various companies. In the past you have been very successful and driven and have always pushed the CEOs of your companies to allow you to do your best. After the peak of your career you have moved around the world taking other jobs, often still with the best intentions of succeeding, but for several years you have had to live away from your family.

Your next job is likely to be your last before retirement. You get offered a job on the doorstep of your family home on a salary that is unlikely to be matched by any other position available to you at this time. The downside is that all this company wants you to do is keep it ticking over. You know that, due to the limitations of the company, you are unlikely to achieve any of the things that you aimed for in your younger days.

Do you take the job with that in mind? For 90% plus of us the answer would be yes in that scenario. So why would it be any different for a football manager? Come on!
Yep you're right your scenario is very on point with regards the football industry and manager demands.

By eck, that's a well rounded summary of where we are as a club. The very fact we have had to lower ourselves to THAT level has to be on Moshiri and Brands. I do not want Benitez anywhere near our club but I'm coming around to thinking, who else could come in and improve us, on our budget and regarding Ffp... I just don't know. Its a horrible place to be at. Probably best I hang a cushion between my cats arse cheeks for a month or so.. She's gunna be sore come August.
Problem is, it's highly unlikely that he could improve us without massive spending. Stand by for more of the same, but, with an odious whinging stunt of a kopite in our dugout. Oh and by the way, he will be slagging the board off before Christmas and good enough for them. If the appoint sweaty fatso, they deserve all they get.

Unfortunately I don't know what we have done to deserve it.

For the life of me i can’t see how Potter or even Howe would be worse than this washed up fatty.
If it is FSW, I don’t understand the delay, he’s not currently employed is he? For that reason I’m hoping it’s all speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.