New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have no problems if he's the new manager, and I'm looking forward to the new season. With 3-4 new signings (with pace please),
there's absolutely no way we can't join the battle for 5+6 place. But it's important that he starts as soon as possible, so he can decide which of the current players that simply aren't good enough are.

Last edited:
Have no problems if he's the new manager, and I'm looking forward to the new season. With 3-4 new signings (with pace please),
there's absolutely no way we can't join the battle for 5+6 place. But it's important that he starts as soon as possible, so he can decide which of the current players that simply aren't good enough

I think it would be quicker to pick the ones who are good enough. Short list I know

I don't want him. Even considering to appoint someone who called us a small club is a lack of self-respect imo. I would say the same even if he wasn't an ex-RS manager. As for the RS connection, the fact that their legends want to work for us should be shameful for them, not for us.

I just dont know what people want mate.

Ped said it on Toffee Tv - protest at Benitez but whats the end game? Chase him out for someone like Alladyce or Howe to get the gig who the fanbase also dont want?

The only reason I would be behind people wanting to chase Benitez out is if someone like Conte wants the job but the board are ignoring him.

But that's not remotely likely - its hysteria and fans not seeing the woods from the trees.

I can tell you what i think people want.

A transparancy within the process;

What are we trying to achieve?
Which milestones are we aiming for?
Why are we looking at certain types of managers?
Who do we think can take us to the next level?

Etc etc -- were going from one style of play to the next...one personality to another.

Every change is an opposite.

Youve written that some clown on youtube is throwing out Howe or Allardyce as alternatives to Benitez.

Doesnt his brain allow him to compute that there are managers all over the world who we should be looking at, not only two worst case scenarios in his tiny mind...

If people argue that Benitez is an imaginative choice -- im ok with that.

But its still a limited imagination rather than going for someone outside of the box...

Benitez seems like an 'outside of the box' choice for someone without an imagination or any knowledge.

Sanctimonious comes to mind too.

I honestly cannot believe after 2322 pages of discussion you think its all down to the small club comment and that's it. I cant get my head around that. Are you just popping your head in to post the same thing before leaving again without reading anything?
Of course not but why would anyone be alienated by the appointment of a manager they didn't want? It wouldn't be the first time! What makes this one so different? The perceived disrespect in his comment and the anger that a rival's legend would be appointed, but we've had their players before too. So what is it then? Why should I worry about fans that allow themselves to be alienated because they didn't get what they want? I didn't. But I'll suck it up and see what happens without throwing my toys out of the pram. You tell me if you call my viewpoint sanctimonious, you aren't exactly saying anything too committal either btw, just reactive comments from a comfortable position on the fence as far as I can tell. I'm not going to trawl through every one of your comments to see if I'm wrong on that but that's my current perception; a recurring stream of 'trying to be on all sides' without any endgame, despite the fact there is only one manager job and many preferred choices, despite the fact there have been abusive public comments and threats made. 'But but emotions etc'

Of course it wouldn't be.

It will mainly be because he is a Liverpool legend, not because of the comments with a dose of being finished and a huge amount of what a stupid divisive appointment it would be.

The sheer arrogance of you and @Toffeepot[/B] is astounding. How dare you tell people how to support the club?

Oh you are a piece of work lol It is a good thing you aren't making the appointment because there wouldn't be one. There is nothing wrong with saying I would expect those that don't resort to abusive and threatening banners to have a level of reasonableness to get over the fact he's not their preferred choice. If they choose to be alienated that's on them. It is a choice. I am not telling anyone how to support the club, you are! Your argument is we should all be supportive of those whose emotions are running high at this appointment, understand them and accept them as being important enough to stop the club making a decision and going forward. There is no way everyone will be happy with any manager after Carlo left the way he did but it is what it is. People can support the team under Benitez or not, their choice. Does that sound like someone telling people how to support the club? Obviously not! You saying we shouldn't say people can get over it or not does however sound like telling someone how to support the club, don't you think?

So I’m pretty disappointed with this appointment partly because never liked his arrogance and partly he showed nothing interesting at Newcastle.

But reading they put a banner on his house, shameful from Everton supporters. The man is going to give us a shot, and Everton is not an easy club to come to less resources and have to break the establishment.

If it really is Rafael, we need to get behind him.

Already had my dream appointment in Carlo and he turned out to be a liar and fraud so how bad can Benitez be?

So I’m pretty disappointed with this appointment partly because never liked his arrogance and partly he showed nothing interesting at Newcastle.

But reading they put a banner on his house, shameful from Everton supporters. The man is going to give us a shot, and Everton is not an easy club to come to less resources and have to break the establishment.

Already had my dream appointment in Carlo and he turned out to be a liar and fraud so how bad can Benitez be?
It could be pretty bad. And that is coming from someone who thought Carlo was also bad. But it isn't really very hard for Benitez to be worse. In fact without serious improvement off the bat he probably will be worse because it is hard to imagine us riding the good fortune like we did with Carlo again. We need to improve.

Wonder when Rafael the Gaffa will pull up to Goodison. Ten O'Clock? Afternoon? there's no euros till Friday so we get nothing but Benitez till then.

Bad!!! Boring and negative....

I'm uncomfortable with the horrible name calling of Rafael, we are not scumbags. This is still a human being. Let's remember that.
Believe me that's nothing on what will be said about him, in the next few hours and months. So it looks like things, are going to get even more uncomfortable for you. I would consider calling him a dirty kopite rat, to be a form of politeness on my part.

This guy also has form for picking fights with club owners, to cover himself when the going gets tough. For so many reasons this is a strange appointment.
To comment on that you really would want to know the circumstances behind the fight.
We're promises made and not kept for instance?

The negotiations with Benitez have dragged on it seems. I imagine whatever deal will be signed is comprehensive covering salary, staffing and club funding.
If these promises are not met I expect you will see another row.

To comment on that you really would want to know the circumstances behind the fight.
We're promises made and not kept for instance?

The negotiations with Benitez have dragged on it seems. I imagine whatever deal will be signed is comprehensive covering salary, staffing and club funding.
If these promises are not met I expect you will see another row.

The difference is that this time fans wont be behind Benitez...unless he has us top 4.

Nearly 2,500 pages in four weeks and still no-one from the club has appeared to cotton on
Do you believe that the club will seriously be influenced by this site?

There are 2500 pages and they feeling has been overwhelmingly negative but numerically how many posters are there.
Some posters will have contributed dozens of the pages on their own.

Moshiri and the board will have contacted previous clubs, players who worked under Benitez coaches who managed with him to build up a picture of what he is like. I doubt GOT is a reference point apart from confirming what they already know....Benitez is not liked by Evertonians.

I am wondering if your comment about the cotton was a reference to the bed sheets appearing recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.