Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
at end of the day they appointed the fella who had the best CV instead of the person who has the best potential

same old story really

TBF this at least is an improvement on appointing the fella who has the smallest CV and the least potential

Here today Gone tomorrow no matter who was out there. Hoping for the best but after last years dismal finish it will be a hard task for any coach to light a fire under these players. The WBA game did me in and also Carlo no bones about it. Cost us Europe.

Rafael walks in for the Everton interview.

"Hello, I've won trophies in numerous countries, I have been successful, I'm excited about this proj-"

"Yes, yes, all very interesting, but what we want to know is.... you're definitely going to keep Duncan Ferguson on if you get the job right?"

"I... what?"

"You've got to keep him."

"Why?"

"It's just... because... look, you just have to OK?"

"... OK."

So very odd.

My word, I was joking about this but I've just seen Moshiri's actual interview and... the above definitely actually happened!!!

How important was it to retain Duncan Ferguson as part of the manager’s staff?

Yes, that was really important – and Rafael was just as keen to see that happen. He made it clear to us he wanted Duncan to be a key part of his backroom team. He knows hehas incredible passion for Everton and a wonderful connection with the fans. But, on top of that, the manager also knows the strengths Duncan can bring to his coaching team.

No chance of this with fans back. He should top Carlo's home record with ease though for the same reason. Away Derby win less likely too with fans. 59 points though, I'll happily judge him by that bar
Roberto Martinez got us record points in thevprem still got sacked........stats mean nothing without trophies .....

Yeah, but it went all the way to the Moyes household in Preston.
Moysie has moved from Haighton House.

He bought a house in Alderley Edge - but I think he was sacked before he could move in.

23 Apr 2020 - Moyes found positive use of free time at his Lytham home in Lancashire.

So we‘ve had:-

An FA cup winning manager who now manages Belgium
One of the worlds greatest ex players who now manages Barcelona
Some fat mess who got gravy stains all over the seats and was once the England Manager.
A young up and coming manager who still hasn’t got a job
One of the Worlds greatest Managers who now manages Real Madrid
and now a CL winning manager who unfortunately won trophies with the RS

Moshiri has tried every type of manager and provided funds for players, you can ask no more from an owner. We have players who need turfing out of the club and a disciplinarian to get the best from those who remain. Benitez may not succeed, but he can do no worse than those above....we’ve tried everything else......
Why do we have such an abundance of lackluster players though? That's largely due to Moshiri acquiring inept people to handle recruitment. He created his own problems

Status
Not open for further replies.