Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the 14th of August and the Blues get ready to kick off their league campaign at home to Southampton. Meanwhile there not much transfer news around and I have a hangover. Time to take the dog for a walk and get ready for the game - I really hope we get w positive result today - enjoy!………

Rafael Benítez has confirmed the Premier League’s profit and sustainability rules have constrained Everton’s transfer activity and left him no alternative but to tell several players they can leave. (Guardian & Others)

Everton are interested in signing Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira, a report from TNT Sports claims. Pereira spent the 2020/21 campaign with Serie A club Lazio, but barely played for them with just over 800 minutes across all competitions.

Newcastle boss Steve Bruce says there has been no contact from Everton over signing Sean Longstaff. The Echo understands that Longstaff is under consideration as a potential target for the Blues.

PSV reportedly refused to cooperate with Everton in their pursuit of Denzel Dumfries. That's according to Dutch publication Voetbal International, who are reporting that the Dutch side refused to cooperate with the Blues because they only wanted to sell the right-back and not loan him out.

Rafael Benitez has made clear that he has spoken with James Rodriguez regarding his future at the club. The Everton boss confirmed that the Colombian midfielder will not be available this weekend due to being in self-isolation but also shed light on transfer rumours surrounding the former Real Madrid man.
Rafael Benitez has made clear that he has spoken with James Rodriguez regarding his future at the club. The Everton boss confirmed that the Colombian midfielder will not be available this weekend due to being in self-isolation but also shed light on transfer rumours surrounding the former Real Madrid man.

"I have had a conversation with him. He knows my idea. He's not available for tomorrow, so it's not an issue," said the Everton boss at his press conference this afternoon. (The Washington Newsday)

Last edited:
Whats the gist?
giphy.gif

Whats the gist?
A short snippet:

Under the rules, clubs are assessed based on their annual accounts in March of each year. Each of the Premier League’s 20 sides is allowed to lose a maximum of £105 million over a three-year period.

In normal times, Everton would already be in deep trouble. Their last three accounts showed losses of £13.1 million, £111.8 million and £139 million — way above the maximum figure permitted.

Its the 14th of August and the Blues get ready to kick off their league campaign at home to Southampton. Meanwhile there not much transfer news around and I have a hangover. Time to take the dog for a walk and get ready for the game - I really hope we get w positive result today - enjoy!………

Rafael Benítez has confirmed the Premier League’s profit and sustainability rules have constrained Everton’s transfer activity and left him no alternative but to tell several players they can leave. (Guardian & Others)

Everton are interested in signing Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira, a report from TNT Sports claims. Pereira spent the 2020/21 campaign with Serie A club Lazio, but barely played for them with just over 800 minutes across all competitions.

Newcastle boss Steve Bruce says there has been no contact from Everton over signing Sean Longstaff. The Echo understands that Longstaff is under consideration as a potential target for the Blues.

PSV reportedly refused to cooperate with Everton in their pursuit of Denzel Dumfries. That's according to Dutch publication Voetbal International, who are reporting that the Dutch side refused to cooperate with the Blues because they only wanted to sell the right-back and not loan him out.

"I have had a conversation with him. He knows my idea. He's not available for tomorrow, so it's not an issue," said the Everton boss at his press conference this afternoon. (The Washington Newsday)
TNT Sports lol

A short snippet:

Under the rules, clubs are assessed based on their annual accounts in March of each year. Each of the Premier League’s 20 sides is allowed to lose a maximum of £105 million over a three-year period.

In normal times, Everton would already be in deep trouble. Their last three accounts showed losses of £13.1 million, £111.8 million and £139 million — way above the maximum figure permitted.

Cheers. I think a fair amount will be linked to covid which wouldnt count along with 2 years accounts being combined.

I think were pretty close to the limit though.

Cheers. I think a fair amount will be linked to covid which wouldnt count along with 2 years accounts being combined.

I think were pretty close to the limit though.
It’s worth a read zat if you can - it’s grim

it doesn’t mean I’m okay with how they’re handling certain things though. It’s self-inflicted and I still think we’re making baffling decisions.

we’ve had Brands for 3 years and yet are in a worse financial position than when he took over (although that’s obviously not all on him)

Status
Not open for further replies.