Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen him play he looked very promising - he was never used by Carlo - lets see how he does - I agree his latest protest is not professional, but imo youth must be given a chance .... Carlo was useless at doing this, two keepers on the bench etc etc...

Let's see how well he does, maybe his mistake ?
While I agree Ancelotti has a bad record for playing youngsters, loads of clubs put two keepers on the bench last season.

Couldn't care less about Small going. He was behind two players in the pecking order, and has decided Southampton, of all teams, is where his future lies, indicating he's in all likelihood one of the dumbest footballers on planet Earth.

Very good chance they go down this season, and I hope they do. I expect Small to be discussed as a pub quiz question and nothing else 10 years from now.

Couldn't care less about Small going. He was behind two players in the pecking order, and has decided Southampton, of all teams, is where his future lies, indicating he's in all likelihood one of the dumbest footballers on planet Earth.

Very good chance they go down this season, and I hope they do. I expect Small to be discussed as a pub quiz question and nothing else 10 years from now.
If he gets game time he may move up to a better club - all ifs & buts - see us buying him back, happened before lol

No doubt we wanted to keep him, not sure youth contracts are anywhere as enforceable as adult ones so the ‘mutually’ bit is prob only a bit of diplomacy….
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....t-small-has-just-terminated-his-contract/?amp
Pretty sure The Athletic said it wasn't mutual... and I'll take them over Football Insider and Danny Mills tbh

That told him lol But you are right ...see ya Small:bye:

Maybe he just didn't like it here?

He's gone to a club where he'll play - easy path but perhaps he just didn't like being at Everton.

Stinks to me of an agent desperate to line his pockets - the academy at Everton is a shambles at present but I can't see him playing much in the PL even at a club like Southampton for the foreseeable.

Should have been demanding loan moves to the championship/league one and if he's as good as he thinks he'll be in 3-4 years he'll be replacing Digne as Evertons first choice LB.

Yes, at this point he would be the ideal signing on the right.

Form has massively dropped off the past couple of seasons.

With Livramento on the right and Small on the left theyve done really well for miniscule fees.
aye, still very good though.

he's suffered from playing left wing in Simeone's 4-4-2 for too long.

Hasn't got the passing range of Koke or the madness of Llorente to make up for it. He's a box to box midfielder.

I totally understand it from his perspective, Digne doesn't seem to be going anywhere, Nkounou seems to be ahead of him, before he knows it he's 22 stuck with Unsworth and he looks for a club without leverage. Soton will be much easier to break into. He will probably have a great career.

Don't think Small's choice was all that odd. He can see they've lashed a young RB straight into the team and I imagine he's had assurances of at least a shared first XI role with their other new LB this season.

Catch the eye like Livramento has already done and get a move up the PL in a season or two. From his POV it beats waiting around to see whether this manager fares any better than Carlo in blooding young talent.

Maybe mate!

He'd be a good signing, just no idea where the money is coming from and to me he doesn't solve the actual problem position in attack which is right wing
True
FWIW i think ( if its Correa ) or someone similar he would be a replacement for Siggurdson as in behind the striker and not directly a winger type.
But right back got to get sorted soon ,
So we need 3 ins for me , but the problem is getting others out to free up some cash.....its painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.