Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an argument we should do a deal now to avoid a tribunal, take a slightly lower fee, but insert a large sell on fee in the deal.

I've seen rumours of around 5m but not sure if that is realistic, or if Southampton would fancy getting a lower fee than that through a tribunal.
A tribunal will set a 20% sell on, and the highest fee received at this point is 4.6M for Harvey Elliot I think.

Given Small is going to Southampton to be a first team player I suspect that the tribunal will set the fee at the upper end. Maybe 2M fee and 3M add ons with 20% sell on.

Good luck to him. Was unlikely to get much gametime with Niels and Digne ahead of him. We get a tidy sum of compensation as well unless Southampton try and cheat us, which will help us get players who can set us up for success now. Still think he has all the makings of a world class player however, and it will sting a bit seeing him reach his potential

Well they probably say he'll have a clear pathway to the first team.

Which, based off my knowledge of their squad, he might do cause he's their second-choice LB now.

I'm pretty sure they won't have got him to be 2nd choice LB. He technically was 3rd choice here if we see it like that.

Not saying Saints don't have pedigree in bringing youth through...but I wouldn't say it would be an easier route for first team football, especially at 17.

Think overall he just didn't like it here rather than it being career focused.

That lads contract should have been sorted out far earlier by us .....
He was still under school boys terms that were mutually cancelled when he decided he was off. He can’t have a pro contract until he turned 17 this month, negotiations for which started on 12 months ago.
not sure the club could do any more other than offer him ludicrous wages to stay (which the clearly didn’t)
For all the clubs faults, not sure they could have done it any different this time.

Antony please.

Yes, at this point he would be the ideal signing on the right.

Saul being offered about on loan.

Come on Brands lad :D

Form has massively dropped off the past couple of seasons.

A tribunal will set a 20% sell on, and the highest fee received at this point is 4.6M for Harvey Elliot I think.

Given Small is going to Southampton to be a first team player I suspect that the tribunal will set the fee at the upper end. Maybe 2M fee and 3M add ons with 20% sell on.

With Livramento on the right and Small on the left theyve done really well for miniscule fees.

We've been offering him new terms for at least a year.

And even if you're right (which, as above, I'd query) he's still a blert for just going AWOL.
I have seen him play he looked very promising - he was never used by Carlo - lets see how he does - I agree his latest protest is not professional, but imo youth must be given a chance .... Carlo was useless at doing this, two keepers on the bench etc etc...

Let's see how well he does, maybe his mistake ?

He was still under school boys terms that were mutually cancelled when he decided he was off and he can’t have a pro contract until he turned 17 this month which negotiations started on 12 months ago.
not sure the club could do any more other than offer him ludicrous wages to stay (which the clearly didn’t)
For all the clubs faults not sure they could have done it any different this time.
Don't think it was mutual, according to reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back