Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it when relentlessly chase players that don't really want to play for us.

We're like that desperate sweating meff on the dance floor who chases birds completely out his league.

Our lack of self respect is cringeworthy at times.
Yep. But the truth of the matter is - we are a mid-table club that is going backwards. The only real ways to improve is to either: sign and develop young talent (which would be my option); hang in there to sign players like this who don't really want to play for us and hope that no one else signs them; or buy inferior players of the ilk that Burnley and the like would sign (one of the club's favourite options) - but last one will make you worse overall.

Obviously, some kind of hybrid might be the best approach, but we'll see what the club do. Correa is okay - not brilliant - and I'd rather we signed younger players for the money. But if those younger players are McNeil, then once more it comes back to our awful scouting (n)

I’m not sure if Correa fits the model we should be looking to follow. He’d want large wages and wouldn’t have any genuine resale value if he was to spend a few years here.

The clubs transfer model really hasn’t been substantial, it appears to be changing but if it is then players like Correa just aren’t the answer.

Didn't Southampton sign another left back in this window? Small could be limited in his game time there as well. He's got a look of the Ross Barkleys about him though, so I'm not surprised.

Yep. But the truth of the matter is - we are a mid-table club that is going backwards. The only real ways to improve is to either: sign and develop young talent (which would be my option); hang in there to sign players like this who don't really want to play for us and hope that no one else signs them; or buy inferior players of the ilk that Burnley and the like would sign (one of the club's favourite options) - but last one will make you worse overall.

Obviously, some kind of hybrid might be the best approach, but we'll see what the club do. Correa is okay - not brilliant - and I'd rather we signed younger players for the money. But if those younger players are McNeil, then once more it comes back to our awful scouting (n)
Definitely agree we've gone backwards and at this moment in time we're seen as a mid table for surw, But personally I feel one of the problems in recent times has been signing players who for one reason or other, their heart isn't actually in it and have actually come for all the wrong reasons.

Although I think Correa would be a good signing, we all know we weren't his first choice and according to some people he's not really that interested in coming
I just can't bare to be seen, as the saying goes “a second hand rose“.

Last edited:
Don't blow money on Correa if he doesn't want to come - fed up with players thinking they are better than the club.

Sympathy with Small if he is now going to get more chances at first-team football - the club obviously deserves compensation for the investment in him.
But this is the problem of signing players of this age profile. It's not to say that Correa is disrespecting us, but he probably knows this is his last chance to secure a move to a big club that might win something. We all know that he will never win anything with us, so he's obviously going to look elsewhere.

So that's one type of player of that age profile. You also have the other 2: (1) has already played for a bigger club so is on the comedown and unlikely to be particularly motivated beyond money or game time (2) is never going to be good enough, so you then have to ask yourself, why sign them?

We really need to try and sign younger players. And if we don't, our fans need to chill their beans about these players not being too interested in coming. Take off the blue-tinted specs - why would they?

Can't stand Southampton, so preferred Small went elsewhere.

Their attitude and that of their fans during the Koeman saga was ridiculous.

Pity they were not even bigger pests in hindsight. It would have done us a big favour.

Someone photoshop brands and Mosh onto obi wan and qui gan fighting the phantom menace in relation to the transfer activity

Status
Not open for further replies.