2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
…a really talented player, I hope Benitez can find a use for him. The club should also be clever and exploit his global popularity. Treat him like an asset on and off the pitch.

The myth is that he’s lazy and not a team player. He’s not lazy, but he lacks the physicality Benitez demands in his players.

When used i expect Benitez will play him centrally in the top third of the pitch. Utilise his creative and scoring skills where the opposition least want him. Use him in an area of the pitch where he doesn’t have to help out a full back.

i doubt he’ll start many games but it would be folly not exploiting his ability.

Yeah I know

Match going fans who spend a lot of time and money travelling around watching Everton who just want to see a great player playing for Everton in person after not being able to go to matches due to a plague are proper weird aren't they?
Based on his words and actions and the fact that he couldn’t give 2 hoots about you, me or the club - yes

…a really talented player, I hope Benitez can find a use for him. The club should also be clever and exploit his global popularity. Treat him like an asset on and off the pitch.

The myth is that he’s lazy and not a team player. He’s not lazy, but he lacks the physicality Benitez demands in his players.

When used i expect Benitez will play him centrally in the top third of the pitch. Utilise his creative and scoring skills where the opposition least want him. Use him in an area of the pitch where he doesn’t have to help out a full back.

i doubt he’ll start many games but it would be folly not exploiting his ability.

Nah mate

Apparently such talk makes you disloyal to the manager I'm afraid

Wanting to see a talented player play for Everton is madness

It's not cutting off your nose to spite your face to leave out a disruptive player who can by his presence undermine team effort and ethos.

We need to leave this to Benitez. If James isn't involved its for a very good reason. Benitez doesn;t care about anything other than getting a result. If he thoiught that meant including James he would have by now.

The group outranks the indiuvidual. Football is a team game. I couldn't give a monkeys whether on the odd occassion this feller can make a an asist if overal we lose discipline and shape. The system has to prevail. That's what will get us to safety and then a top half finish, not James's 20 appearances and 6 goals.

He'll cause friction 100%

If he isn't playing a section of fans will be on the managers back without knowing the full details.

I cant fathom how after watching our last 3 league games why fans want a slow, undisciplined, defensively weak player starting games.

Brands has left us with a ticking time bomb

Is that all that matters?
Your post is everything that is wrong with this whole farce.
He can say what he wants, play when he wants but the James cheerleaders just want to see him play live……it’s utter madness.
Why don’t we trust the manager and not a player who didn’t want to be here the moment Ancelotti left.
How many other kopites do you trust?

Can't say I agree there Eggs, unfortunately. If he continues to be left out of the matchday squads then we'll know that he isn't a team player and I wouldn't bet against that for a minute.

How was it a brilliant commercial deal for Everton? How did or should have they monetized that? It's just lazy analysis.

And where are you getting your certainty that the club told James that they didn't want him? You have no right to assert that as fact.

"Here's what happened". FFS.

There's on example of how it was a commercially brilliant signing.

I'm basing all of the above off what has been reported by accurate sources throughout the saga. Most of it isn't even speculation.

Did the club need to shift him out? Yes - this has been widely reported since July. We needed his wages off the books.

Did James want to leave? I think we can safely say yes.

So, like I said, a two-way streak.

He'll cause friction 100%

If he isn't playing a section of fans will be on the managers back without knowing the full details.

I cant fathom how after watching our last 3 league games why fans want a slow, undisciplined, defensively weak player starting games.

Brands has left us with a ticking time bomb
Nobody has said anything about starting him in games, all folk are saying is that to not use a player like that off the bench in certain games would be ale house level management. If you think the current kick and rush tactics are going to work against everyone I think you are going to be in for a shock mate. We need a plan B at some point.

You can want to see him play a bit without also having a go at the manager you know

This doesn't have to be an either/or situation

I mean, I get that this is the internet and having a balanced view is often frowned upon, but come on

Saying you appreciate James as a player and would like to see him play of the bench now and then doesn't mean that you don't understand that it's a two-way street between him and the manager and that James himself has to carry some of the burden here

The problem is the James haters want to pile all of this on him and make him the bad guy without appreciating the nuance and grey areas of the situation. These two clearly have previous and it's making it difficult for them to work together now. That doesn't have to be either of their faults, it could just be that their personalities clash or James just isn't the type of player that Benitez likes to have

James can still be a useful cog in our overall machine and it's better for everyone if he can get together with the manager and work out a way to co-exist so that the team can benefit from his abilities and long suffering match going Evertonians can actually get to see a quality player playing in person

Status
Not open for further replies.