2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't care how good a manager he may or may not be. I just think he's the wrong fit for Everton. As I knew Allardyce was.

I think it shows how fan perception clouds a lot of things.

Ancelotti was absolutely hero worshipped by the fanbase yet he was one of the worst fits possible.

Benitez on the other hand is hated by many yet is the closest thing we've had to a Moyes/Royle type manager which is exactly the type we need to put some effort back into the current squad and build some solid foundations.

You look at what Moyes has done at West Ham and he's turned a team buying over priced primadonnas like Anderson and Lanzini waltzing around on big wages and now has them a tough outfit who gives most teams a game these days.

Thats exactly what we need from Benitez over the next 1-2 seasons. Fans simply need to give him time and give him 1-2 summers to rebuild the squad.

Make no mistake the road we have been going down was heading for eventual relegation make no mistake about it - hiring and firing managers every 18 months, a squad of overpaid wasters turning up when they felt like it we've needed to press the reset button since Koemans disaster 2nd season but have dragged it on and on.

I think it shows how fan perception clouds a lot of things.

Ancelotti was absolutely hero worshipped by the fanbase yet he was one of the worst fits possible.

Benitez on the other hand is hated by many yet is the closest thing we've had to a Moyes/Royle type manager which is exactly the type we need to put some effort back into the current squad and build some solid foundations.

You look at what Moyes has done at West Ham and he's turned a team buying over priced primadonnas like Anderson and Lanzini waltzing around on big wages and now has them a tough outfit who gives most teams a game these days.

Thats exactly what we need from Benitez over the next 1-2 seasons. Fans simply need to give him time and give him 1-2 summers to rebuild the squad.

Make no mistake the road we have been going down was heading for eventual relegation make no mistake about it - hiring and firing managers every 18 months, a squad of overpaid wasters turning up when they felt like it we've needed to press the reset button since Koemans disaster 2nd season but have dragged it on and on.
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

So what you are saying is that the Manager you didn't like was terrible, and the one you have been furiously flooding your kecks in 50/60 posts a day for the last few months, is great.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

So what you are saying is that the Manager you didn't like was terrible, and the one you have been furiously flooding your kecks in 50/60 posts a day for the last few months, is great.

No im saying Ancelotti isn't suited to a club that needs their squad coached and firm handled whereas Benitez is and vice versa - quiet leadership of Carlo works with a world class squad whereas Benitez giving the likes of Ronaldo and other top players with big egos criticism and harsh words is only going to end badly.

But the reputation of the two with the fans makes it seem like Carlo was a perfect fit for this club and Benitez was the one manager we simply couldn't appoint when the opposite is closer to the truth with our current squad.

This time last season it was all smiles and songs - this season its all doom and gloom yet a win saturday and we match where we were points wise last season!!! Again fan perception plays a massive part in shaping a narrative over who/what is good/bad.

Proper mad innit.

The club hasnt won a pot since 95, yet some fans think we are in any way relevant in 2021, we are about as relevant as Portsmouth, in fact, in the modern era, they are actually more relevant.

People sob their eyes out when Sky ignore us, if I didn't support us I would ignore us, we are an afterthought at the top table of football, in fact, we wouldn't even have a table, we would be rummaging through bins looking for scraps muttering about 60 league goals in a season.

Even those 6 finger sister shaggers in Wigan are more relevant than us.

We have become what Coventry City were from the time they got promoted circa 1967 until they were relegated in the noughties.

An irrelevance…there to make up the numbers.

It all comes home when Sky do those “Premier League Year” programmes.

We never feature in an important game for our own sake.

And rarely in an important game for any other team’s sake.

Anonymous F.C……that’s us.

Proper mad innit.

The club hasnt won a pot since 95, yet some fans think we are in any way relevant in 2021, we are about as relevant as Portsmouth, in fact, in the modern era, they are actually more relevant.

People sob their eyes out when Sky ignore us, if I didn't support us I would ignore us, we are an afterthought at the top table of football, in fact, we wouldn't even have a table, we would be rummaging through bins looking for scraps muttering about 60 league goals in a season.

Even those 6 finger sister shaggers in Wigan are more relevant than us.
Amen brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.