2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to change my mind and I won't be taking lectures.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I cant warm to the manager and I will never defend a manager who is complacent and loses to a lower league side.

Rotation is not necessary when you are desperate for a trophy. If people think the manager picked the right team tonight then fine, but i don't, and I'm not going to think differently tomorrow. It was arrogant and backfired. Completely unnecessary and avoidable.

Its not arrogant at all - arrogant is having a fully fit squad and putting that side out in the quarter final against a PL level opposition.

QPR had half their starting 11 not featuring tonight and we had:

Digne
Godfrey
Holgate
Gomes
Townsend
Davies

6 players who play regular PL football + Rondon who's experienced albeit unfit.

Now if those players cant get the job done maybe blame those players & the bloke who's spent hundreds of millions building this squad over the last 4 seasons in Marcel Brands.

Blaming the manager is easy - I would even say its cowardly at this stage. He's like the spotty kid in class who has no mates - its easy picking on him when the class Chad in Marcel Brands waltzes around in his tight kecks being untouchable despite being a whopper.

What was it he said "I have a plan "

Between him and Brands , over 2 months to get this squad right.

Dumped out the cup by QPR !!!!

Going into the Norwich game we have Brett Angell up top.
No recognised full backs Left or right.
( and no I dont count Kenny ) thatll be 3 CB's v a team just lost the last 5 games.

This is woeful planning , then to top it off has the best players on the bench tonight.....is that the plan ???

This tenure will be shorter than most.

If that's City away, I'd have said play the kids, got unlucky with the draw, so be it. I couldn't give a toss about the League Cup.

But I understand that others do, so when you get QPR away then with the scenario we have then you don't take risks with it - you put the game to bed and make sure you're in the next round.

Benitez - in my mind inexplicably - decided to be Billy Big Bollocks about it and play a reserve team. He deserves every ounce of criticism for it, because if he didn't have the nous to understand the damage this has caused him, then he deserves that damage.

For a club that hasn't won a trophy in 25 years that's a desperate attitude. I think the vast majority of fans want to see us win a trophy, League Cup or not.

You’re right he doesn’t look fit. Even in a bad game or as you say poor positioning his athleticism makes up for it. Just doesn’t look sharp or ‘on it’

by all accounts he had COVID when they were all isolating so maybe it’ll take a bit of time.

Yeah he did mate and whether he had the thing bad or not it's clearly taken a lot of time for him to come back from it. He had 3 weeks of no training at all and doesn't look strong or quick or sharp.

It's horrid what it's done to my physical fitness so god knows what it does to an athlete at that level if it stays around in their system.

Its not arrogant at all - arrogant is having a fully fit squad and putting that side out in the quarter final against a PL level opposition.

Digne
Godfrey
Holgate
Gomes
Townsend
Davies

Now if those players cant get the job done maybe blame those players & the bloke who's spent hundreds of millions building this squad over the last 4 seasons in Marcel Brands.

Blaming the manager is easy - I would even say its cowardly at this stage. He's like the spotty kid in class who has no mates - its easy picking on him when the class Chad in Marcel Brands waltzes around in his tight kecks being untouchable despite being a whopper.
I can criticise the manager and also believe the DOF has done a bad job. Its not one or other

He left out our best centre backs and our best midfielders. Thats the spine of the team and it cost us the match.

( and no I dont count Kenny ) thatll be 3 CB's v a team just lost the last 5 games.

This is woeful planning , then to top it off has the best players on the bench tonight.....is that the plan ???

You've completely lost your mind if you think this squad could've been fixed in 2 months with £1.7m to spend.

Digne
Godfrey
Holgate
Gomes
Townsend
Davies

You’re deffo speaking from experience here aren’t you ?

Digne
Godfrey
Holgate
Gomes
Townsend
Davies

Hang on, so if we lose its the players fault but if we win it's the "Rafatollah" who's responsible? Have I got that right?

He meant about this squad I assume

“On a computer, he has, I think about 3,000 players’ details. You name a player he knows everything about him – injuries, history and he just wouldn’t stop."

That computer cearly doesn't have any Everton player details because how tf is Jonjoe Kenny, Tom Davies, Andre Gomes, Mason Holgate and Alex Iwobi still starting for this club!?

Rondon really is Brett Angel levels of bad isn’t he ?

Even on a free, WTF was Benitez thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.