Everton Youth Teams Thread

I'm not sure but again, I think maybe I need to tattoo this somewhere:

The talent is not there.

How do you know Brands’ own youth scouting network wouldn’t be able to bring in talented youth players? You’ve essentially just ignored my point and started doing your weird passive aggressive schtick again. The talent isn’t there currently because we aren’t bringing it in/nurturing it effectively. The best players in the world have all been coached to improve at some point in their careers, they weren’t just born world class footballers.

People saying that Brands should have come in and revolutionised the academy by chucking out all the ex-players yet the only visible significant academy change we've seen (apart from the lowering of the average age) was when Brands promoted Unsworth to head of academy. If somehow you trust Brands then you should also trust Unsworth.

People saying that Brands should have come in and revolutionised the academy by chucking out all the ex-players yet the only visible significant academy change we've seen (apart from the lowering of the average age) was when Brands promoted Unsworth to head of academy. If somehow you trust Brands then you should also trust Unsworth.

Yeah exactly, who does?

How do you know Brands’ own youth scouting network wouldn’t be able to bring in talented youth players? You’ve essentially just ignored my point and started doing your weird passive aggressive schtick again. The talent isn’t there currently because we aren’t bringing it in/nurturing it effectively. The best players in the world have all been coached to improve at some point in their careers, they weren’t just born world class footballers.

Because we had an academy ban till this Summer? We have brought in a couple of players this Summer but again, signing players when you need to (Under 10) is now insanely hard for a club like Everton.

Go back through the thread as it has been discussed many times why it is so hard nowadays.

Again, if the talent was there and we were blocking their progress I would agree with what you're saying. As long as clubs like City, Leeds and Villa operate like they do there's a good chance we'll have to just luck out on a couple of talented blue scousers.

You may well be right, but if talent isn't nurtured properly at a crucial age of development you will never know.

Of all the players you listed, a few have let themselves down. Others may have done better with better coaching. You don't know, I don't know.

In my opinion, we should forget the Evertonian connection, hire the best coaches we can attract. Otherwise, it's a complete waste of time.
So , in your opinion then, who are these coaches at u16, u18, etc that we should have hired? Can you provide 3or 4 names we somehow missed but we should have hired? I doubt very much if you can go out and “ hire the best coaches” at u18 , if they are that good they are moving on up to the next level pretty quickly, but am happy for you to name them.

Jesus.

The word MAY is the clue.

Until we have better coaches more and more have the potential to slip through.

I'll make it easy for you:

Do you think the level of coaching on offer has zero bearing on a youth players development.

Yes but how can you confidently say the coaching has held some players back if you can't name any player you think should have come through with better coaching?

Who from our U18's over the last 10 years do YOU think should be now playing for us in the PL.

So , in your opinion then, who are these coaches at u16, u18, etc that we should have hired? Can you provide 3or 4 names we somehow missed but we should have hired? I doubt very much if you can go out and “ hire the best coaches” at u18 , if they are that good they are moving on up to the next level pretty quickly, but am happy for you to name them.
I have no idea.

You'd imagine the club would be looking for them.

I'll be stunned if any of our coaches are coveted elsewhere.

Because we had an academy ban till this Summer? We have brought in a couple of players this Summer but again, signing players when you need to (Under 10) is now insanely hard for a club like Everton.

Go back through the thread as it has been discussed many times why it is so hard nowadays.

Again, if the talent was there and we were blocking their progress I would agree with what you're saying. As long as clubs like City, Leeds and Villa operate like they do there's a good chance we'll have to just luck out on a couple of talented blue scousers.

What are Leeds and Villa doing that we’re not? And why aren’t we doing it? It’s exactly what a club of our level should be prioritising, Villa are a similar level club to us.

What are Leeds and Villa doing that we’re not? And why aren’t we doing it? It’s exactly what a club of our level should be prioritising, Villa are a similar level club to us.

@boris knows more but a lot of it is down to fees and incentives. We got in hot water for the latter and if we get slated by fans when we do the former (£6m on Lewis Gibson etc.)