2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he should have risked playing the likes of Allan and Doucoure but lets not pretend the players that played weren't good enough to beat a championship side mate. Godfrey, Gomes and Iwobi cost close to 80million, Davies has made over 100 appearances for Everton, mostly in the premierleague. These are the games he should be bossing by now, likewise Holgate isn't a young prospect any more. He should be schooling someone like Austin. It says everything about this group of bottlers (the same players that have failed the last 3 managers) that our standout player was a free signing Journeyman who, let's be honest, was signed to be a squad player at best.
I don't dispute that the players he had on the pitch should've done better, but as you rightly pointed out they've failed under every manager they've had here. That's why our current manager should've played the strongest possible side and not taken any chances. Who knows how we'd of done with our best available 11 on the pitch, maybe we'd still of lost but even if we had it wouldn't of been his fault. He didn't though he chose to play a weakened side so now has to shoulder the blame.

At the end yes! Doucoure and Gray make a massive difference to this team when starting. We may have had the game won by HT
"PL club in rotation during LC tie shocker."

We have the PL to get points in. That is the priority. Especially in an injury crisis.

Just imagine had Brands done his job and got Diaz & Maitland-Niles tied up in the window.

Diaz in that side over Iwobi and Maitland-Niles at RB last night over Kenny and we likely win that game even with a gluttony of injuries.

This thread is a perfect example of the main reason I didn't want Benitez - there is a section of our support who will never accept him and any bad result is met with an OTT reaction.

You are either behind him or you're not ultimately mate.

You dont have to love someone to back them which is what so many of our fans seem incapable of grasping.

We get behind him and the team we have more chance of the club being successful or we can act like idiots, get on his/players backs every weekend, suffer bad results, sack him and rinse repeat the last 5 years.

As I keep saying you think Benitez is bad his replacement would be much worse.

I support Everton mate and not Benitez, that doesn't mean I don't want him to do well, as I say, he does well then it means we've done well and that's all what matters but he won't be getting any praise off me or a slap on the back, because I can't stand the man and not for what he said etc, I've always hated him.

Is he still here?
Just imagine had Brands done his job and got Diaz & Maitland-Niles tied up in the window.

Diaz in that side over Iwobi and Maitland-Niles at RB last night over Kenny and we likely win that game even with a gluttony of injuries.
lol lol lol lol lol

oh my...
We would also have likely won that game with other players not in our squad like Neymar, MBob, Messi, Pogba, Kane and Ronaldo.
Booo Brands!!!!!...

I support Everton mate and not Benitez, that doesn't mean I don't want him to do well, as I say, he does well then it means we've done well and that's all what matters but he won't be getting any praise off me or a slap on the back, because I can't stand the man and not for what he said etc, I've always hated him.

You can't seperate the two though mate. Wanting Everton to succeed means backing the manager which is all myself and others have been doing from the start.

I do think given time and resources he'll have us in a much better place than any manager since Moyes but as we know recruitment is key and a manager is as only good as the squad he has to work with look at Ole at Utd bang average Cardiff manager bailed out by Ronaldo and Fernandes every weekend.

I don't dispute that the players he had on the pitch should've done better, but as you rightly pointed out they've failed under every manager they've had here. That's why our current manager should've played the strongest possible side and not taken any chances. Who knows how we'd of done with our best available 11 on the pitch, maybe we'd still of lost but even if we had it wouldn't of been his fault. He didn't though he chose to play a weakened side so now has to shoulder the blame.
posssibly thinking in terms of current injury situation and not wanting to risk too many first teamers in that respect a decision probably justified by the injury Digne picked up in the game ...supporters calling out the manager for possibly prioritising premiershipgames over what most of them have labelled a "mickey mouse cup" over the years astonish me

You can't seperate the two though mate. Wanting Everton to succeed means backing the manager which is all myself and others have been doing from the start.

I do think given time and resources he'll have us in a much better place than any manager since Moyes but as we know recruitment is key and a manager is as only good as the squad he has to work with look at Ole at Utd bang average Cardiff manager bailed out by Ronaldo and Fernandes every weekend.

Yes but you didn't back the previous manager. So you are in no position to dictate to others. Which is why I got grumpy last night and told you (probably more than once) that I won't be taking a lecture lol

We all want the club to win, but losing under this manager is hard to stomach. He showed last night he doesn't understand the expectations and demands of the supporters. Resting players for a game against Norwich at home is beyond parody.

As shown by the poll, the number who think it's ok to rotate is 3 times less than those who don't think it's ok. You are very much in the minority on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.