2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The chances of that are slim. He's already under pressure after the debacle last night.

If he's such a top manager then how the frig did he lose to QPR. How kopite of us all to expect to beat a mid table championship side. How dare we have expectations and want to win games against such formidable opponents.
wwho is he under pressure from

Stop posting on got about how it would better for us to get knocked out for a start.

I'm asking the board to stop accepting the rubbish more than anything. If they allow managers to disrespect cup competitions and get us embarrassed then its no surprise it happens so often.

It should be clear that 2 results like this and you are sacked. Once is bad enough but it happens. If you had standards it wouldn't happen this regularly. We are in no position to accept managers losing with weakened sides. Weve done nothing in 30 years so its truly baffling to see complacency from a manager.
Did you communicate this to the club.

Yes but you didn't back the previous manager. So you are in no position to dictate to others. Which is why I got grumpy last night and told you (probably more than once) that I won't be taking a lecture lol

We all want the club to win, but losing under this manager is hard to stomach. He showed last night he doesn't understand the expectations and demands of the supporters. Resting players for a game against Norwich at home is beyond parody.

As shown by the poll, the number who think it's ok to rotate is 3 times less than those who don't think it's ok. You are very much in the minority on this one.

I've a lot of sympathy for this type of thinking. I also think the lack of trophies, and easy win other teams supporters have in taunting about it, mean a lot of fans would put a League Cup win over qualification for the Europa League via the league.

Reality is we don't know what expectation the club have put on the manager. Maybe due to the financial implications, a higher league position is more valued. Maybe on a sporting level European qualification via coming 6th or 7th is seen as more do-able than winning the League Cup (where ultimately 1 or 2 Top 4 teams will need to be beaten in all likelihood).

Last night's result is always going to disappoint. How can it not? But other managers would be getting cut more slack after less than 10 games in charge. Not saying this is right or wrong but it's definitely true. It was always inevitable though and I think ultimately will be to the detriment of performances on the pitch. Any poor result is magnified by who the coach is. That will ultimately manifest itself in the crowd and in turn potentially affect the players.

I didn't suggest play injured players. Let's not be smart. If that's you're only argument against me then I think you are clutching at straws in defence of a manager who couldn't beat lower league opponents.

I wanted to best available team and we did not get that.

Do you think the manager showed respect to the 3000 who travelled down there on a Tuesday night? I think he disrespected them and the competition.
I think the manager did what he is paid to do and picked a starting eleven that fiited the needs of the cup competition in view of thr current injury situation wahat yonwantdoes not really matter in terms of his mjudgement

I think the manager did what he is paid to do and picked a starting eleven that fiited the needs of the cup competition in view of thr current injury situation wahat yonwantdoes not really matter in terms of his mjudgement

Well unless his objective last night was to go out, then he failed. You can gloss over it as much as you like. He lost a game against lower opposition and its another embarassing night for the club.

wwho is he under pressure from

The supporters.

If he loses on Saturday then he's in trouble already. People will not tolerate resting players in a cup, getting knocked out, and then not even winning the league game you rotated for. If he doesn't win on Saturday then his plan has utterly failed.

Any manager who loses to lower league opposition should be under pressure. The fact it's tolerated and our board don't demand better, is why we see it on a repeated basis. None of the big clubs in this league lose regularly to lower league sides - because it's unacceptable and would spark an automatic crisis

I've a lot of sympathy for this type of thinking. I also think the lack of trophies, and easy win other teams supporters have in taunting about it, mean a lot of fans would put a League Cup win over qualification for the Europa League via the league.

Reality is we don't know what expectation the club have put on the manager. Maybe due to the financial implications, a higher league position is more valued. Maybe on a sporting level European qualification via coming 6th or 7th is seen as more do-able than winning the League Cup (where ultimately 1 or 2 Top 4 teams will need to be beaten in all likelihood).

Last night's result is always going to disappoint. How can it not? But other managers would be getting cut more slack after less than 10 games in charge. Not saying this is right or wrong but it's definitely true. It was always inevitable though and I think ultimately will be to the detriment of performances on the pitch. Any poor result is magnified by who the coach is. That will ultimately manifest itself in the crowd and in turn potentially affect the players.
Yeh the fact the fans were always going to find it difficult to back the manager through bad times was one of the reasons it wasn’t a good idea in the first place. If we lose on Saturday the knives will be properly out and nobody with any sense will be surprised.

I don't have authority at the club. Only those in positions of responsibility can change the direction of the club. All fans can do is make their feelings known in a reasonable way, but ultimately fans are almost powerless.
So you keep saying fans should not tolerate it.
So I'm asking you again what should they do.
Moan on a forum, not drink there coffee from their Everton mug. I'm interested to know what you are personally goin to do to not tolerate it.
Other then whinge on here when no one from the club reads it.

The supporters.

If he loses on Saturday then he's in trouble already. People will not tolerate resting players in a cup, getting knocked out, and then not even winning the league game you rotated for. If he doesn't win on Saturday then his plan has utterly failed.

Any manager who loses to lower league opposition should be under pressure. The fact it's tolerated and our board don't demand better, is why we see it on a repeated basis. None of the big clubs in this league lose regularly to lower league sides - because it's unacceptable and would spark an automatic crisis

We shouldn't be resting players on a Tuesday to play Norwich on a Saturday full stop.

Especially when we were already up against it with a few out injured.

In effect throwing a cup competition to prepare for Norwich City at Home. Norwich? Norwich who have lost their last 15 Premier League games on the spin?

If he's hedging his bets, then it's cowardly.

So you keep saying fans should not tolerate it.
So I'm asking you again what should they do.
Moan on a forum, not drink there coffee from their Everton mug. I'm interested to know what you are personally goin to do to not tolerate it.
Other then whinge on here when no one from the club reads it.

I think the club are aware of fan sentiments to some extent. I fill out their feedback forms, but that's about the only direct interaction fans get.

It's all about perceptions really. Fans don't kick up any fuss at this club. They clapped Kenwright after years of underachievement, they are extremely loyal (no bad thing at all), and most just shrug their shoulders. I'm not asking for protests, but the perception is that we are easily pleased. And when you see posts saying Benitez will have done well if we stay up, then I think it's hard to argue with that perception.

But again, the people in positions of authority are the only people who have power to change the direction of the club. They know the fans want a trophy, so why have they accepted their manager making lots of unnecessary changes. They aren't oblivious to the fact we have gone 26 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.