2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda my issue mate, Benitez only way to win me over was to win, or get to the final of a cup competition. Last night was probably his best chance of that.

I actually feel not a massive amount of ill will towards Benitez now if am honest, he should never have been appointed thats the top and bottom of it. Its going to get nasty, there is no two ways about it.

And a lot of that should be directed at those who made the decision.

Likewise, if Benitez come in and did really well - the plaudits.

But Everton's board can't keep escaping bad decision after bad decision.

We've given yet another manager free reign over the entire recruitment process this summer.

Not that he can do much damage with £1.7m and two of the signings brought in have been impressive so far. Happy with them.

But, it shows the structure and process isn't there mate. It's a total, total, total mess.

So you can say 'let him take the flak', sack him when right for Everton etc, but we've handed him the reins this summer and let him target the players - so much so he turned down the RB options Brands suggested (which again, you have to ask how in the world Brands has had so much time to do this yet has come up with 3 names, one of whom isn't even a proper right-back, for the position), and we targetted Rondon all summer because Benitez was determined to get him. Had we shifted a midfielder, we'd have 100% gone and got Longstaff too.

From short-term thinking to short-term thinking. Yet instead of Allan and James, it's Rondon and Townsend.

The first point ive just made an admittedly long winded post about in the Brands thread mate.

The club is a mess and no-one is made accountable.

You FC Everton lot are going to have to set up another club like your Man Utd counterparts.

Years and years Benitez will be here...and you lot have no club until he goes.
At no point have I stopped supporting the club.

Im just not gonna fawn and make excuses for THIS manager or any manager who comes after him.

I was quite clear that Carlo would be the last Everton manager I support.

And a lot of that should be directed at those who made the decision.

Likewise, if Benitez come in and did really well - the plaudits.

But Everton's board can't keep escaping bad decision after bad decision.
Yeah totally mate, if am honest, I have a bit of sympathy with Benitez now.

1) he has some serious nuts to take the job and 2) lets be honest he hasn't walked into a Koeman level of money madness.

He shouldn't have been appointed, and I completely 100000% blame the club for that, not Benitez, he will take the flack for the playing style and results, but the club need to be held accountable for their decisions as they are running it into the ground.

The consequence, IMO, is he's lost more goodwill than he'll perhaps appreciate. Certainly with me.

Often his PR team have banged the drum he will 'get' the club because of his connections to the city. Evidently, that wasn't on show when taking the piss with his selection against Huddersfield and more so QPR.

This club needs a trophy. Benitez needs points. They shouldn't be exclusive but it was shown to be last night. He's decided to knock the league cup on the head. No Everton manager should be allowed to do that. Approaching 27 bloody years.

I've been muted with my opinion on him. I wasn't totally against Benitez, I tried to take a pragmatic view - Ancelotti left is in the lurch and who else and I didn't want to add to the pile on...

But now, after last night...

Let him take the flak in a season the club have wrote off. When we've got the capacity to spend, we should give it to a manager who the whole fanbase can unite behind. Whether we like it our not, a decent proportion of good blues will just never get behind him. It was the same at Chelsea, he done alright there but a Chelsea fan on here was saying their fanbase was always at each other while he was in charge.

Any manager we have - in Moshiri's own words in 2019;

"Look, Everton is a very, very difficult job in football because you’re two home losses from being disowned by fans"

... But with Benitez, he's a few games from it turning very nasty.

Even when we're winning, there's an air of discontent. Fans are waiting to stick the knife in, others are waiting to start on other fans win, lose or draw.

The fella should be binned the minute it's right for Everton. Not when it becomes desperate.

His cup selections have shown he simply doesn't get it. The only recent manager who actually did get it was Martinez. Unfortunately he was totally average at his job.

I want to win every game and know that's not possible. Results like Saturday can happen. But playing a weakened side and losing to yet another lower league side is just not good enough and cannot be defended.

I just feel uneasy under this manager and don't look forward to watching us play. At this stage, that's literally all I want. A little bit of hope and excitement. What we have is a midtable squad, a midtable manager, and the boring predictability that comes with that. The club is going nowhere and hasn't a clue what direction to go.

This will get worse before it gets better. That was inevitable when this manager was appointed. It's naive to think otherwise.

The consequence, IMO, is he's lost more goodwill than he'll perhaps appreciate. Certainly with me.

Often his PR team have banged the drum he will 'get' the club because of his connections to the city. Evidently, that wasn't on show when taking the piss with his selection against Huddersfield and more so QPR.

This club needs a trophy. Benitez needs points. They shouldn't be exclusive but it was shown to be last night. He's decided to knock the league cup on the head. No Everton manager should be allowed to do that. Approaching 27 bloody years.

I've been muted with my opinion on him. I wasn't totally against Benitez, I tried to take a pragmatic view - Ancelotti left is in the lurch and who else and I didn't want to add to the pile on...

But now, after last night...

Let him take the flak in a season the club have wrote off. When we've got the capacity to spend, we should give it to a manager who the whole fanbase can unite behind. Whether we like it our not, a decent proportion of good blues will just never get behind him. It was the same at Chelsea, he done alright there but a Chelsea fan on here was saying their fanbase was always at each other while he was in charge.

Any manager we have - in Moshiri's own words in 2019;

"Look, Everton is a very, very difficult job in football because you’re two home losses from being disowned by fans"

... But with Benitez, he's a few games from it turning very nasty.

Even when we're winning, there's an air of discontent. Fans are waiting to stick the knife in, others are waiting to start on other fans win, lose or draw.

The fella should be binned the minute it's right for Everton. Not when it becomes desperate.
This, 100%

We either want to win to try and win a trophy or we don't.

The only way we can possibly win something is with our best available players on the pitch. Of course we have a poor squad, and can't rotate and bring in Mahrez and Phil Foden. But by making changes, we are telling the world we don't want to win, because we simply cannot win it with fringe players.

The proof is in the pudding. Benitez isn't arsed about winning a trophy. And that's not what I want from my manager. I would rather win yesterday and stay in the cup than win on Saturday. Our league season will have petered out into midtable irrelevance by March anyway. We are resting to come about 10th.

What's the point?
Walk away from it them Tim. Because it's what we are. Do you think we would win the cup regardless. Because once we meet one of the top teams near the end we get beat anyway like the last few seasons. And it's not just city rotated. Every single team does it. Bar none. Hey even qpr rotated 3 or 4..

Norwich? Norwich who have lost their last 15 Premier League games on the spin?
Who is arrogant now :) ? Norwich are due a win, and we're wounded enough as it is. Playing these championshipsides (with championship refs) comes with an even higher risk of injuries so I can understand the manager...

We gambled & lost. Simple.

Walk away from it them Tim. Because it's what we are. Do you think we would win the cup regardless. Because once we meet one of the top teams near the end we get beat anyway like the last few seasons. And it's not just city rotated. Every single team does it. Bar none. Hey even qpr rotated 3 or 4..

I can't accept not trying our best to change a 26 year wait. I just can't defend it.

If we had won last night we would quite possibly have had Coleman Pickford DCL and Richarlison back for the last 16. Get a good draw and you're right amongst it. But no, we rested for Norwich City at home. It's just mind boggling.

Norwich? Norwich who have lost their last 15 Premier League games on the spin?

E_1j07oVcAsvwem

This is like when you havent seen a striker score for 300 games, and gets his only career hat trick against us hahahaha.... Jesus wept, I picked the wrong game to take the kids hahaha.

Yeah totally mate, if am honest, I have a bit of sympathy with Benitez now.

1) he has some serious nuts to take the job and 2) lets be honest he hasn't walked into a Koeman level of money madness.

He shouldn't have been appointed, and I completely 100000% blame the club for that, not Benitez, he will take the flack for the playing style and results, but the club need to be held accountable for their decisions as they are running it into the ground.

I'm reluctant to let him play his violin here though mate. It's his MO, every club he goes to he plays the poor manager act/plays the fans against the board.

Who is arrogant now :) ? Norwich are due a win, and we're wounded enough as it is. Playing these championshipsides (with championship refs) comes with an even higher risk of injuries so I can understand the manager...

We gambled & lost. Simple.

If you rest players for a cup on Tuesday to prepare for the worst team in the league at home on Saturday then you're never going to be taking any cup seriously.

There's always another game after a cup game.

His cup selections have shown he simply doesn't get it. The only recent manager who actually did get it was Martinez. Unfortunately he was totally average at his job.

I want to win every game and know that's not possible. Results like Saturday can happen. But playing a weakened side and losing to yet another lower league side is just not good enough and cannot be defended.

I just feel uneasy under this manager and don't look forward to watching us play. At this stage, that's literally all I want. A little bit of hope and excitement. What we have is a midtable squad, a midtable manager, and the boring predictability that comes with that. The club is going nowhere and hasn't a clue what direction to go.

This will get worse before it gets better. That was inevitable when this manager was appointed. It's naive to think otherwise.

This is just luvvy nonsense mate.

So we should sack the manager and say appoint Conte - what happens if he rotates 2-3 does he also "not get it" and need legging as well?

The only guy I think who would "get it" is Big Dunc lets get him in would at least keep some happy when he first pumps us all the way to 14th.

I'm reluctant to let him play his violin here though mate. It's his MO, every club he goes to he plays the poor manager act/plays the fans against the board.

Absolutely, don't get me wrong I will not be falling for that. He shouldn't be here, I just don't have a great deal of hate anymore - very meh, but he won't have long if he carries on like this for a lot of people who still hate him - it will be Nasty very very quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.