2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our current team is worse than some of the teams who've been relegated in the past. However Norwich and Burnley look terrible this season so there's probably only 1 place up for grabs. We have Benitez who knows how to organise so we can scramble through, but make no mistake if we'd appointed a riskier manager we could quite easily be in relegation trouble if we got a few injuries. The squad is paper thin.

Going to have to agree to disagree

This is one of the weirder takes out there. Bizarre defence of Benitez. Are you trying to say if he keeps us up he's done a good job? :rolleyes:

After the hysteria of last night, thought this guide might be useful

pissedthebed.jpeg

Happy to have helped. :D

Our current team is worse than some of the teams who've been relegated in the past. However Norwich and Burnley look terrible this season so there's probably only 1 place up for grabs. We have Benitez who knows how to organise so we can scramble through, but make no mistake if we'd appointed a riskier manager we could quite easily be in relegation trouble if we got a few injuries. The squad is paper thin.
It depends what you mean by "our current team."

Our current first 11 is far better than any side that's ever been relegated. That's not even up for discussion as far as I'm concerned.

The teams we put out at Villa or at QPR, on the other hand, certainly leave a lot to be desired.

Do you honestly think we had any chance of winning the League Cup? It's harder to win than the fa cup, and is almost entirely Premier League teams. Even if you can make the latter stages, Man City and Chelsea have such deep squads one of them wino doubt win it. It's not worth risking injuries for. We are 2 or 3 injuries away from fielding one of the worst teams in the league and getting ourselves into a relegation battle. We have to make sure we can stay mid-table and then hope for a couple of signings in January and good luck with injuries and then hopefully we could sneak a European place or an FA Cup run.

Sadly thats the reality and I've said it for days - to win a trophy you need a squad full of quality which we dont have.

Man Utd lose Ronaldo, Greenwood and Sancho to injury they have Cavani, Rashford & Martial to come in what do we have???

Last night was disappointing as its been too long since we won a trophy however the manager could only do so much with the injuries.

Richarlison
DCL
Pickford
Coleman
Gbamin
Delph

Godfrey still suffering from COVID
Allan picked up a knock 3 days ago
Rondon is half fit

Some people expect this fella to turn water into wine - even one of DCL or Richarlison fit and on the pitch last night and we win that game no doubt in my mind.

Fans have to start acknowledging the huge limitations of this squad - players like Gomes, Davies, Iwobi, Begovic, Holgate, Kenny can't even look good against Championship opposition what can the manager do about that when he was given £1.5m to spend?

I thought his decision last night to pair Godfrey and Holgate was a really strange one, given that Charlie Austin (who's a big lump) was likely to be their only threat. That decision probably cost us a goal.

Other than that though, I don't really blame Benitez for what happened last night - given the injuries we have and the fact that we have a more important game on Saturday (especially in the context of us having lost at the weekend), the side was about as strong as might have been reasonably expected. Some of the blame needs to go to the players, but also it again showed that there are some areas where our quality outside the 1st XI is really, really poor. That's not on Benitez, but equally the shouts about us avoiding relegation etc being acceptable can get in the bin - the squad is no worse than last season, so anything worse than last season would not be acceptable

I mean, I can't really blame him for the fringe players being garbage when he's had £1.7m to spend this window.

When we had our good players, we looked very good. He can't make Begovic save penalties can he?

Still on board, but christ, last night was grim.

This utter myth that Bellenditez gets a free pass cos he spent no money needs to end.

He will be judged on how high up the table he finishes, if he finishes in the bottom half he should be shown the door.

But isn’t he a great manager? Can’t great managers find a way past the mighty QPR?

14 th ? Have a serious word with yourself
You FC Everton lot are going to have to set up another club like your Man Utd counterparts.

Years and years Benitez will be here...and you lot have no club until he goes.

But as I said last night, it's understandable for teams in Europe to make changes, they play another half dozen games this side of Christmas. It's understandable for teams fighting relegation, resting players to get a point at the weekend may make all the difference. But surely anyone through the middle of the league wants to win a cup more than worrying if you finish 8th or 12th? It's almost like winning cups has become something to be afraid of.

I don't disagree but it's how nearly all managers treat the early rounds. Once you get to the 4th round/quarter final they start putting stronger sides out. I remember even Martinez putting half a side out at Goodison for a quarter final when at Wigan. They won it and managed to win the cup.

Most of the players we have injured would have featured last night, either from the start or the bench (with a stronger team starting).

We're not just playing for a mid table finish either. A European finish has to be the aim via the league.

We need hard work and quality. One on its own is not enough

Quality is irrelevant if you have a lazy gutless bunch of players. You earn your right to play in english football.

The centre halves and central midfielders were rested - all 4. And it cost us the match. I never want to see Holgate and Godfrey or Gomes and Davies together ever again. Why are we still watching them? We know they are not good enough as pairs.
I fully agree, but the only player showing he has quality on a consistent basis so far from a creative stand point is Townsend. And we saw v Villa that that isn't going to be enough.

Well I pin the blame on our atrocious squad building as much as the manager mate really. We should be able to make a few changes and beat sides. And ultimately we still had six of the players who will be starting on Saturday playing yesterday (at least)

You FC Everton lot are going to have to set up another club like your Man Utd counterparts.

Years and years Benitez will be here...and you lot have no club until he goes.
Because I don’t want to celebrate 14th ? Look I know you troll and I know you have a laugh but I’m actually engaged in wanting this club to win matches , I accept it’s probably a weird concept to you but the money I’ve squandered over decades on them it’s become something I’ve worried about . Imagine if you can how you feel when somebody quotes you or likes one of your posts , it’s like that .

lets hope we can win Saturday and we can all be happy , wouldn’t that be nice .

Because I don’t want to celebrate 14th ? Look I know you troll and I know you have a laugh but I’m actually engaged in wanting this club to win matches , I accept it’s probably a weird concept to you but the money I’ve squandered over decades on them it’s become something I’ve worried about . Imagine if you can how you feel when somebody quotes you or likes one of your posts , it’s like that .
You and your mates are cock-a-hoop when Everton get beat and I'm a troll?

Think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.