2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was a malevolent influence on the squad. Someone in the background capable of saying and doing the wrong things on a regular basis that would lower team morale
You would think that, but it's not the case. He has not been a disruptive influence in any of the dressing rooms he has been in. He's a well-liked member of the squad and got along really well with all the other south American lads and a lot of the younger players in Davies and Virginia especially.

I think he was a malevolent influence on the squad. Someone in the background capable of saying and doing the wrong things on a regular basis that would lower team morale.

I've never thought that for one moment. I never saw anything to suggest issues with team mates or that he didn't fit in.

The issues I saw were that he was constantly injured and didn't seem that hungry to actually play football anymore. Absolutely saw zero to suggest he was disruptive.

Sounds pretty plausible. Quite a lot of money saved to be honest.
Well yep but if they're paying him £6m a year (let's say for arguments' sake) then he won't be taking a wage cut.

So, 9 months left on his deal here - you're looking at about £165-175k a week I think, based on some rough maths

Which, honestly, sounds totally plausible.

Is that what’s left of his career, playing in the World Cup next year? Is he gonna retire after that?
I think he probably will (from international footy)

If he can get a move to Italy which could suit him down to the ground, mind, then I think that would be his next club move.

I dunno, I don't know the bloke. But playing in that WC with Colombia is definitely his aim from what has been reported and his previous comments.

I've never thought that for one moment. I never saw anything to suggest issues with team mates or that he didn't fit in.

The issues I saw were that he was constantly injured and didn't seem that hungry to actually play football anymore. Absolutely saw zero to suggest he was disruptive.
...and you dont consider that an unwanted influence?

Status
Not open for further replies.