Match Thread Everton v Norwich City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 139923

Any of these free agent defenders worth a punt? Even on a short term contract...further down the list was that lad we tried to sign from Sunderland Lamine Kone...
I remember Mangala being half-decent but he never got a chance with us because of his injury problems, so an injury prone defender is probably the last thing we need. Dani Alves might be able to do a job still but that may just be nostalgia talking, soon he will be as ancient as I am lol

Given the injury updates this is how I expect to see them line up.

Pickford
Holgate Mina Keane Digne
Doucoure Allan
Townsend Iwobi Gray
Rondon

Begovic Lonergan Kenny Godfrey Branthwaite Davies Gordon Simms Dobbin

Personally I think they should promote another youth teamer but I imagine they might even just go with 8 subs. That team should have more than enough to beat Norwich and surely its time for Simms to get a cameo even if its just 15-20 minutes.

I
Brands has nothing to do with Rondons fitness, also I doubt if you asked him he would have been on the signings list. The problems started with Walsh/Koeman and Brands just added to them. But I don't think either Walsh or Brands would have an easy task doing the job when you have an owner like Moshiri who clearly meddles into things he has no idea about, that's where our issues lie imo.
''added to them'' is a bit of a eufemism.
267 million. that kind of investment made the RS champions of England and Europe.

Last edited:

Crunch match this for Raffles.

Failure to win this with an away trip to OT coming down the pike and the short honeymoon period will be over.

COYBB

2-1 win, surely even us will beat Norwich, but when you need something as norwich do after 5 league defeats, who you going to call, yes Everton

Norwich were the last team to win a 3pm saturday game at Goodison on 23rd november 2019

Just think back less than two years ago….bottom of the table and soon to be relegated Norwich came here on the back of a long losing streak..

If City drop points tomorrow we'll be 4th with a win - and only Brighton getting an away win on Monday at Palace could shift us from 4th.

4th.

Sporting Life realising Everton that!

Kick-off time: 15:00 BST, Saturday​

Everton 4/7 | Draw 3/1 | Norwich 19/4

CLICK HERE to download the Sporting Life app
For Norwich, though, things couldn’t really have started much worse; bottom of the league after five games, without a win and having conceded a league-high 14 goals.
For all the pre-season talk about the Canaries being more prepared for life in the Premier League this time around, that has certainly not proved to be the case.
After five games of the season in 2019/20 Norwich had amassed six points and were 13th in the table, and given their eventual finishing position that campaign, this season is already beginning to look like a long one.
Norwich can point to the fixture list as being particularly harsh on them, facing Manchester City, Liverpool, Leicester and Arsenal in their four opening matches, but a 3-1 defeat at home to fellow newly-promoted Watford last weekend was a definite worry.
A 3-0 defeat to Liverpool in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday will have hardly helped morale around Carrow Road either, and in truth, it is difficult to find many positive about Daniel Farke’s side.

WHAT IS EXPECTED GOALS? USE xG TO INCREASE PROFITS IN FOOTBALL BETTING
However, it is always darkest before the dawn and all that, and having looked at the opening fixtures prior to the beginning of the season, would Farke have really been expecting a better points return?
Perhaps, if including the Watford match, but after such a confidence-sapping start to the campaign, perhaps not.
This is another tough fixture for the Canaries, but every match from now on is a fresh start, a chance to kick start their season, and given the turmoil surrounding Everton recently, even if not necessarily on the pitch, this could be a good time to visit Goodison Park.
Much has been made about Everton’s positive start to the season, but four of their five opponents finished in the bottom half of the Premier League last season. There is a possibility that they have been overestimated.
Norwich meanwhile have suffered a bit of ill fortune, only losing by a single goal to both Leicester and Arsenal, and perhaps they have been underestimated.
Join the Sporting Life football facebook page for more videos, analysis and stats
Given no team won more away matches in the Sky Bet Championship than Norwich last season, and only five teams won fewer games on home soil than Everton in the top flight, Norwich may well fancy their chances on Merseyside.
The bookmakers give Norwich a measly 15% chance of winning at Everton; that seems low.
Whether or not you particularly fancy them to win is not really the question, whether or not you think they have a bigger chance of winning than 15% is.
The draw looks to be priced correctly, but by incorporating that into the bet we increase our chances of winning, and that means backing NORWICH OR DRAW at a price of 29/20 is the way to go in this fixture; albeit tentatively.

Everton v Norwich best bets and score prediction​

• 1pt Norwich or Draw at 29/20 (Mansion Bet)
Score prediction: Everton 0-1 Norwich (Sky Bet odds: 12/1)
Odds correct at 0800 BST (23/09/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.