2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
….I think we have to get away from this continual scenario that wins are down to Benitez being a hero and defeats are down to him being a disaster. It’s decisive and inaccurate.

I agree in part. Sometimes defeats are on Benitez because of the team he picked. If Benitez puts the strongest team out every game its on the players win lose or draw. If he plays a starting line up like against Burnley If we hadn't turned that round when the formation changed for me that was Benitez fault.

I agree in part. Sometimes defeats are on Benitez because of the team he picked. If Benitez puts the strongest team out every game its on the players win lose or draw. If he plays a starting line up like against Burnley If we hadn't turned that round when the formation changed for me that was Benitez fault.

…yep, if there’s a tactical or selection reason (be it good or bad) then it’s worthy of discussion but it gets a bit churlish judging him on the result of every game.

He’s the manager & will be assessed on how we ultimately progress in the league and cups. I really can’t understand the adulation for Benitez from a number of posters.

Get with it Grandaddio,
Your Bullplop Benny Bedmates have been banging on about how it's nothing to do with the points, but it's the position that matters.
Mainly because Bigtitez doesn't have a chance of surpassing Carlo's points from last year, when we were "terrible".
I haven't a clue what he is capable with this lesser squad. We can only see. On current evidence. Looking on course. But who knows. We've been massively outspent. The fact we are at the same points is an achievement. Places at this stage of the season don't matter. Its nice to look at. But whoever they are I don't agree.

I haven't a clue what he is capable with this lesser squad. We can only see. On current evidence. Looking on course. But who knows. We've been massively outspent. The fact we are at the same points is an achievement. Places at this stage of the season don't matter. Its nice to look at. But whoever they are I don't agree.

We’ve just seen. Taken to penalties by the mighty QPR.

Say what you want but I am 100% behind this sentiment:
“We have to bring the balance between top-class players and the players that want to be here. They want to be here in the winter, when it is snowing and when it is cold, not just during the summer. Players who really have the passion and desire to fight for us. But they also need the quality to make a difference. It has to be players who will perform. Not just bringing in names.”

The fanbase have been so used to laziness and lack of desire they dont like that/what Benitez is trying to build over time and the change of culture at the club which is currently toxic.

He's 100% the right man for the job at present if only people opened their eyes to that.

The fanbase have been so used to laziness and lack of desire they dont like that/what Benitez is trying to build over time and the change of culture at the club which is currently toxic.

He's 100% the right man for the job at present if only people opened their eyes to that.
It's not that I don't want intensity, energy etc

I just don't know if Benitez has shown anything in the past 5-6 years to show that he's going to bring the 'right thing' to Everton.

…yep, if there’s a tactical or selection reason (be it good or bad) then it’s worthy of discussion but it gets a bit churlish judging him on the result of every game.

He’s the manager & will be assessed on how we ultimately progress in the league and cups. I really can’t understand the adulation for Benitez from a number of posters.
he's just got here. Hes won the champions league. We go 4th if we win today after a finish so bad to last season I am still traumatised by it. If some people are going a little overboard on his qualities it may be the wish to counteract some of the extreme sourness of other people (not you) on the boards for a chap who's just trying to get Everton to a better place.

It's not that I don't want intensity, energy etc

I just don't know if Benitez has shown anything in the past 5-6 years to show that he's going to bring the 'right thing' to Everton.

West Ham fans were saying that about Moyes mate look at them now.

Klopp got relegated with Mainz then done boss at Dortmund now RS.

People have to get this idea that we can go from what we have been the last 6-7 years to a top 4/6 side overnight playing good football out of their heads.

Its going to take a culture shift and a squad rebuild over 2-3 years to have any hopes of that. I trust Benitez to do that 100% more than a Eddie Howe or some bloke from Portugal etc.

West Ham fans were saying that about Moyes mate look at them now.

Klopp got relegated with Mainz then done boss at Dortmund now RS.

People have to get this idea that we can go from what we have been the last 6-7 years to a top 4/6 side overnight playing good football out of their heads.

Its going to take a culture shift and a squad rebuild over 2-3 years to have any hopes of that. I trust Benitez to do that 100% more than a Eddie Howe or some bloke from Portugal etc.

I don't understand why you think it was a dead set race between Benitez and some bloke from Portugal.

We've got the intensity and energy to our player atm, mate. And we still got beat by QPR.

You need some quality on top, some quality to your general play so that even if Richarlison/Dom aren't available, you've still got goals in your team and also, we are in no way defensively solid atm. We don't look organised at all, don't stop crosses and are conceding easy goals.

I'm not saying it can't or won't improve, but I've yet to see anything to suggest we're looking any better than we were and we've had a relatively easy start.

Need a win today because, despite the level of performances, we'll have at least picked up the points to get us a good head start for the season.

I don't understand why you think it was a dead set race between Benitez and some bloke from Portugal.

We've got the intensity and energy to our player atm, mate. And we still got beat by QPR.

You need some quality on top, some quality to your general play so that even if Richarlison/Dom aren't available, you've still got goals in your team and also, we are in no way defensively solid atm. We don't look organised at all, don't stop crosses and are conceding easy goals.

I'm not saying it can't or won't improve, but I've yet to see anything to suggest we're looking any better than we were and we've had a relatively easy start.

Need a win today because, despite the level of performances, we'll have at least picked up the points to get us a good head start for the season.

Townsend was the only one who put a shift in against QPR and thats the probem.

What was Davies doing? Gomes? Iwobi? Holgate? Kenny? These are professional footballers and they largely play like they dont give a toss so long as they get paid at the end of the week yet the manager constantly takes the flack and its becoming tedious.

Townsend isn't even that good a player he just looks good at the moment because he's really the only one who works his bollox off outside of your better players like Richarlison, Doucoure etc.

We all know we need quality players mate but some think quality and hard work can not be combined when they can - Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool players work their arses off over 90 minutes and are quality - James didn't and thats the difference ultimately and why he isn't playing for a CL club but some farmers in Qatar.

What was Davies doing? Gomes? Holgate? Kenny? These are professional footballers and they largely play like they dont give a toss so long as they get paid at the end of the week yet the manager constantly takes the flack and its becoming tedious.

Townsend isn't even that good a player he just really good at the moment because he's really the only one who works his bollox off outside of your better players like Richarlison, Doucoure etc.

We all know we need quality players mate but some think quality and hard work can not be combined when they can - Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool players work their arses off over 90 minutes and are quality - James didn't and thats the difference ultimately and why he isn't playing for a CL club.
He wasn't though. They all tried ffs, they all 'worked hard'. They just aren't very good. And that's a big reason why we ended up being stuck in a rut last year, as much as Carlo should have done better.

You're doing that thing where if an Everton player plays badly it's all down to them 'not putting a shift in'. Whereas in truth, it's probably just because they're crap. On occasion, it's both.

Iwobi, for example. I never doubt his commitment or that when he's on his game he is a decent player. But he's so inconsistent that he's just 3 times out of 5 a poor footballer. You can never, ever question Davies' commitment, but unless he's played in a certain role in midfield then he's going to look very poor because he just hasn't got the legs.

The bonus with Townsend is that he's found that consistency, where he will give 7/10 pretty much every game. Most of our poor players haven't got that to their game.

What was Davies doing? Gomes? Iwobi? Holgate? Kenny? These are professional footballers and they largely play like they dont give a toss so long as they get paid at the end of the week yet the manager constantly takes the flack and its becoming tedious.

Townsend isn't even that good a player he just looks good at the moment because he's really the only one who works his bollox off outside of your better players like Richarlison, Doucoure etc.

We all know we need quality players mate but some think quality and hard work can not be combined when they can - Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool players work their arses off over 90 minutes and are quality - James didn't and thats the difference ultimately and why he isn't playing for a CL club but some farmers in Qatar.
I mean, you can see the issues with this, right?

He wasn't though. They all tried ffs, they all 'worked hard'. They just aren't very good. And that's a big reason why we ended up being stuck in a rut last year, as much as Carlo should have done better.

You're doing that thing where if an Everton player plays badly it's all down to them 'not putting a shift in'. Whereas in truth, it's probably just because they're crap. On occasion, it's both.

Iwobi, for example. I never doubt his commitment or that when he's on his game he is a decent player. But he's so inconsistent that he's just 3 times out of 5 a poor footballer. You can never, ever question Davies' commitment, but unless he's played in a certain role in midfield then he's going to look very poor because he just hasn't got the legs.

The bonus with Townsend is that he's found that consistency, where he will give 7/10 pretty much every game. Most of our poor players haven't got that to their game.

The fact you think they tried is exactly my point you've been fed on the likes lf Schneiderlin and Siggurdsson for 7 years now and it shows.

Gomes is technically a good player - do you think Lee Carsley would have done more or less on Tuesday?

Daves was an england under 21 international - why was he not standing out in a match with lower league oppositio?

Can you honestly say Kenny made a case for him to be given a chance at RB?

Everton is and will be changing over these coming years under Benitez and I for one cant wait and if others dont like that then they'll ultimately be left behind gagging for the same crap we've watched since Moyes of uninterested players taking you for a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.