Man Utd
Liverpool
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal
Leicester
West Ham
Aston Villa

Thats 9 teams straight away who we have no divine right to finish above spending £1.5 million.

Of course the aim should be to get top 7 and europe every season but finishing 9th-11th isn't a sackeble offence these days as the league is so competitive.

Arsenal can have no CL revenue for years yet can go throw £50 million and £73 million on White and Pepe at the drop of a hat - regardless of how good those players are they will always have the dough to be up and around us in the table.
JimmyNail92 lowering expectations. Huge surprise.

with our wage bill there is zero reason we shouldn't be finishing above the West Hams and Villas. transfer fees is a very narrow view of finances in football, and I believe our squad is more than good enough to compete near that 6th-7th spot. 8th is the absolute minimum for me, maybe 9th if we keep having injury problems.

Our wage bill is also a mirage, Cenk Tosun is earning more than most teams’ starting strikers in the league. I thought it was well established that we pay premium fees and wages to absolutely godawful players.

Benitez also has a squad worth over £50m more than Allardyce had which will also likely only grow in value as he's here. I'm not here to defend Big Sam or any manager we've had previously but saying a manager has had a only a certain amount to spend is irrelevent really when Benitez has had the best first 11 available to him since Koeman if not better than that.
That squad outside Digne, Richarlison, Doucoure, DCL (and at the moment Townsend and Gray) is not fit for purpose. It matters not one jot how much was spent on putting it together. Benitez inhereted a mess. Everyone know that.

This is a major rebuilding job here.

I don't really understand your point, do you honestly think with our full squad we are not capable of finishing top half with an decent shot at Europe? that's not only what our budget indicates, it's likely the expectation. If Everton finish 15th, he'll be sacked. If Carlo didn't get Europe this season he would've been sacked and who knows what might've happened if he had continued into this season

No he wouldn't we aint Chelsea lad! lol

I was following the manager's fitness programme and went for a jog along the West Kirby dunes early this morning and almost got run over by this bulky beast! Please take care if in the area.

1632742916083.png

What pattern is that? I rarely post after games, win or lose, because emotions run too high for people to be rational. I know that doesn't affect you because you are constantly irrational, so you post non-stop.

I just find it odd - that + your dislike of the manager + your obsession over the 1 defeat in 6 league games.

All adds up to something a bit unsavoury.

JimmyNail92 lowering expectations. Huge surprise.

We haven't won a trophy in 26 years

No europe in 5 years

Yet YOU expect us to regularly finish above teams who regularly qualify for Europe and in cases such as Leicester and Arsenal have won numerous trophies in recent years.

Your bitterness over the manager has turned you into a rabid dog with no sense of reality, frothing at the mouth at anyone who speaks truth.

And the sad thing is you're not the only one who's head has sizzled off these past few months.

First up, your a mealy mouthed little coward for not tagging me. Second, that isn't me suggesting Steve Bruce, it is me pointing out that Steve Bruce did just as well as Benitez at Newcastle and that I didn't want either of them. Still don't. Keep trying, though, eventually you'll have a point about something. We're all on tenterhooks.
Do you still prefer Chris Hughton? He's sacked by Nottingham Forest... He IS available...

Status
Not open for further replies.