2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because instead of acknowledging the points he made about your comments on Townsend and Gray, you've reverted to name calling.
I had already stated many times, I'm glad I was wrong and they're doing well so again how have I been had off, I can hold my hand up gladly when I eat humble pie. They're both doing much better than expected but it is still only 6 games and a cup exit so either way it is too early too judge

I had already stated many times, I'm glad I was wrong and they're doing well so again how have I been had off, I can hold my hand up gladly when I eat humble pie. They're both doing much better than expected but it is still only 6 games and a cup exit so either way it is too early too judge
Fair play to you mate.

Serious question for the mods. I got a PM warning for swearing in this thread... even thought the forum filters swear words. BUT you have middle finger emojis which you've obviously chosen to be used. Both in the WYSIWYG editor ??? and the "like" button?

That squad outside Digne, Richarlison, Doucoure, DCL (and at the moment Townsend and Gray) is not fit for purpose. It matters not one jot how much was spent on putting it together. Benitez inhereted a mess. Everyone know that.

This is a major rebuilding job here.
No but it does matter though. I'm not saying a thing about how good or bad Benitez has been. I am saying however that there was hundreds of millions invested and squandered on the playing staff here and it is the job of the manager to get the best out of them regardless of if their "his" players or not. You're correct in saying there's a major rebuild needed, if there wasn't he wouldn't be the manager quite simply. Much like Allardyce he was brought in to serve a purpose and it was not to spend £30m on every player, if we were able to go that route we'd go with a much different manager.

He's known for being pragmatic and working with a budget, saying that he'll never get to spend a massive amount of money or that he himself needs to oversee the next £100m spent on the squad is wrong in my opinion because he isn't the type of manager you give that sort of money to, he's someone you give the likes of Townsend and Gray players who lets be honest should be grateful to sign for us in the summer and he gets them to work hard, you don't give him big money players because everywhere he's been that has them in the past 10 years has bombed him out because he falls out with them.

the only reason your boring arse isn't on ignore is because you post so much it disrupts the thread but believe me, you are a full on bell end lad.
I love it when you call me names ter bear.

Did you jump for joy when that bum Townsend scored again and Gray assisted?

Serious question for the mods. I got a PM warning for swearing in this thread... even thought the forum filters swear words. BUT you have middle finger emojis which you've obviously chosen to be used. Both in the WYSIWYG editor ??? and the "like" button?
It's not playshool mate.
Anything a scanning web-bot would pick up as swearing is banned, anything else is down to if you are getting on the mod's tits or not.

Reported

You're also not neutral. As I proved. I dragged you down in the dirt with us. Embrace it.
Of course I am, do you hear or see me anti or pro literally anywhere. I wasn't best pleased when he first got announced but since I haven't said a bad word about him. Imagine still trying to be edgy two weeks on, get a life pal.

No but it does matter though. I'm not saying a thing about how good or bad Benitez has been. I am saying however that there was hundreds of millions invested and squandered on the playing staff here and it is the job of the manager to get the best out of them regardless of if their "his" players or not. You're correct in saying there's a major rebuild needed, if there wasn't he wouldn't be the manager quite simply. Much like Allardyce he was brought in to serve a purpose and it was not to spend £30m on every player, if we were able to go that route we'd go with a much different manager.

He's known for being pragmatic and working with a budget, saying that he'll never get to spend a massive amount of money or that he himself needs to oversee the next £100m spent on the squad is wrong in my opinion because he isn't the type of manager you give that sort of money to, he's someone you give the likes of Townsend and Gray players who lets be honest should be grateful to sign for us in the summer and he gets them to work hard, you don't give him big money players because everywhere he's been that has them in the past 10 years has bombed him out because he falls out with them.
And I'm saying that there's only so much that can be salvaged and worked with in the squad he inherited. He may get a tune out of one or two but he's going to have to be given a lot of time to weed out players and install a couple of first teamers - that process is years in length and he must be handed that time.

A major development that has to happen is Brands being fired or sidelined to such an extent he has no control over squad sales or purchases. Benitez will be moving chess pieces around right now ensuring that outcome.

If we are judging Benitez on performance then only an agenda driven fool would say he's doing a poor job.
You didn't answer my question about best squad....
I don't have an agenda about him at all and I never said he was doing poorly? I like what he's doing but have concerns that he's just not the long term option that we should be looking for at this stage. Also I didn't mention anything about a squad, I said first 11 and I stand by that. Even looking at last year he's replaced starting with Iwobi or Bernard with Gray and Townsend who've been miles better, he has the same attack, same midfield except they're fit and same back line. He's lost James and Gylfi who got 12 goals between them all season but the new lads have gotten 7 already so they'll probably surpass them too.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach, far from it he's doing great things with the players he has, all I'm saying is that is what I'd expect from a very experienced manager and a very expensive team. Carlo underachieved and left, that's very easy to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.