2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't for the life of me think why some fans would think Windy isn't happy when we are winning games under Benitez

@Death
The only people who think I am unhappy when we win games is the people I linked in my OP, you can't find any evidence of it anywhere. We know this because I have asked you to present it numerous times and you have failed to do so. What you could find, very easily in fact, is posts after we have won games where I have stated that I am happy about that. The fact that I don't like Benitez is all you care about, I care about Everton winning more than anything else at the club, beyond that I care about the future of the club and I would rather see that future free of Benitez. It seems to be too complex for you to understand so I'll boil it right down. I want Everton to win, every week, I know this won't happen but it is what I hope for anyway. If they put Steven Gerrard in charge with Roy Evans and Robbie Fowler I would still want Everton to win. I would also want a club without those unsavoury chaps involved but I have no say in the matter.

@Death - apparently this involves you too, for some reason, so I thought I'd best tag you?

Why can't Europe be attainable this season we finished 8 pts off 4th place and six points off West ham for Europa League last season I don't really get the dumbing down of this season
Of course it should be the ambition, eve' top 6 is attainable with the first XI...but you cant sack a manager over nearly missing that mark, can you, with only 1.5 invested?

Why can't Europe be attainable this season we finished 8 pts off 4th place and six points off West ham for Europa League last season I don't really get the dumbing down of this season

It can be attainable but my point is its not expected and shouldn't be seen as a failure certainly not in his first season as manager.

Man City not qualifying for europe is failure not Everton not anymore until the squad is gutted and rebuilt.

Of course it should be the ambition, eve' top 6 is attainable with the first XI...but you cant sack a manager over nearly missing that mark, can you, with only 1.5 invested?
No I'm not saying sack him if he doesn't it's the same squad of players that got 59pts and a good argument that gray and Townsend have improved the squad so let's give it a go and not look for excuses not to

That Rafael Benitez is perfect, without fault, that all victories are his and all defeats are the players, that anyone who doesn't like Benitez hates Everton and wishes defeat and relegation for them. Extreme.
He's not perfect, thats not my position anyway. He has many faults... once hes got the squad ticking, he will be asking the board for more. It may lead to a strained relationship with them...

But give him time and see if he can make some real progress.
After the villa game (even the Burnley one) there was a lot of undue criticism about the way we played... Some were even calling for the sack... That's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.