2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you still prefer Chris Hughton? He's sacked by Nottingham Forest... He IS available...
At least you replied to me this time, rather than hiding away. You know quite well that I was not seriously proposing Chris Hughton, his name only came up to highlight how much I didn't want Benitez. Sort of in the same way that I would say I would rather have a conversation with Piers Morgan than communicate any further with you. It doesn't really mean that I would like to talk with Piers Morgan, who would? It just means that chatting with you is orders of magnitude worse.

I have nothing wrong with ambition - the clubs ambition should always be top 7 and europe.

But the expectation of that is the problem for many reasons - you dont sack a manager for not finishing top 7 in our position.

The club needs stability now and stability is what we will get. The sooner you all join us and unite the better it will be for all.
You and I disagree on the definition of "ambition" (along with many other things, I would imagine).

I'm quietly very happy with what's been done so far. He knew the financial constraints when he joined but he's done really, really well to gamble on Townsend and Gray and it's really paid off. One more game, hopefully, without our two strikers and then we have a more of less full squad after the international break. Godfrey needs a little more time to get up to speed, I think, and obviously Coleman will be back shortly too. I think the signs are there that we can have a very positive first half to the season. We'll need reinforcements in January and Benitez has already publicly said there will be money to spend - I hope he wasn't bluffing. I prefer it when we are the underdogs anyway, didn't really like the media and our fans getting carried away with Ancelotti, James and our start to last season. Let's just chip away, get to January, and reassess.
You could say RB has achieved being 1 point behind the leaders with a patchwork of a team , but I am not thinking of a high place finish atm as we will n finish mid-table again with the squad plus funds he has had to work with - IMO he has done a very good job so far.... under the circumstances.....

Agreed, if there's one chap the Boss can depend on when the knives are out, it's Windy Miller.
Another one not tagging me in whilst giving me grief, you lot need to work on your self-esteem. OK, I'll bite. Vault me sticking the knife in. I don't like him, I don't want him here, I am looking forward to the day he is gone. However, he has done a decent job so far, I'm disappointed in the league cup exit and expressed that opinion at the time but otherwise there is little to criticise. I have a theory that @Kev50 , @FrenchDarrenBent and @ForeverBlue92 just don't like being challenged on some of their more extreme positions and so try to paint me and other people less keen on Benitez as some sort of extremists. They don't follow it up with evidence, why would they?

You and I disagree on the definition of "ambition" (along with many other things, I would imagine).

Because your version of ambition is still stuck on a black and white tele in the 80's with Sheedy banging goals for a titan EFC.

We are not that Everton anymore its as simple as that. Our ambition is to be playing in europe and the manager will be building a team over the next couple of years who can hopefully achieve that.

But until then its slow and steady progress with a garbage squad of players minus one or two.

We finished 10th and 12th with one of the best managers of all time - that should be a wake up call to you but apparently it wasn't.

At least you replied to me this time, rather than hiding away. You know quite well that I was not seriously proposing Chris Hughton, his name only came up to highlight how much I didn't want Benitez. Sort of in the same way that I would say I would rather have a conversation with Piers Morgan than communicate any further with you. It doesn't really mean that I would like to talk with Piers Morgan, who would? It just means that chatting with you is orders of magnitude worse.
A lot of words to debunk one sentence windy...
Whatever. I'm sure you knew what you meant...?
God bless Chris Hughton. Let's hope he finds another job..

Another one not tagging me in whilst giving me grief, you lot need to work on your self-esteem. OK, I'll bite. Vault me sticking the knife in. I don't like him, I don't want him here, I am looking forward to the day he is gone. However, he has done a decent job so far, I'm disappointed in the league cup exit and expressed that opinion at the time but otherwise there is little to criticise. I have a theory that @Kev50 , @FrenchDarrenBent and @ForeverBlue92 just don't like being challenged on some of their more extreme positions and so try to paint me and other people less keen on Benitez as some sort of extremists. They don't follow it up with evidence, why would they?

Can't for the life of me think why some fans would think Windy isn't happy when we are winning games under Benitez

@Death

What are these extreme positions.

Because your version of ambition is still stuck on a black and white tele in the 80's with Sheedy banging goals for a titan EFC.

We are not that Everton anymore its as simple as that. Our ambition is to be playing in europe and the manager will be building a team over the next couple of years who can hopefully achieve that.

But until then its slow and steady progress with a garbage squad of players minus one or two.

We finished 10th and 12th with one of the best managers of all time - that should be a wake up call to you but apparently it wasn't.
Hi mate, just a quick reminder that when it comes to the mighty blues you have no ambition for us and want whatever the worst option is. Keep strong RYAW. ?

Look after yourself bud - Everton ain't worth it.

For the Benitez bandits - We can still support Everton and not be lodged up Benitezs hoop with you, ok?

It's as simple as this, we can support the club and want them to do well, but we don't have to have damp undies over Benitez whenever he wins a game or if he does well overall this season.

Last edited:

Why can't Europe be attainable this season we finished 8 pts off 4th place and six points off West ham for Europa League last season I don't really get the dumbing down of this season

Status
Not open for further replies.