Are Everton the only team to have faced......

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I still think Carlisle United are the only top flight team we’ve played but never beaten.
To think Bootle FC played on their Cricket ground was once a Derby game ........Only if we had purchased Anfield instead of renting it of John Holding who tried to pinch our name FGS....

A defining episode of my Everton journey.
Each time I pass Carlisle heading north of the border on M6 I can't help glancing left to spot the floodlights, and reminisce of what could and should have been.
Can still see their beer gut sporting penalty taker ramming the retaken spot kick past Dai Davies for the second time, exactly the same place. The title was ours on a plate, only we could have messed that up.

I was unaware of that bit of history (i.e. the ignominious loss to Carlisle), so it's (perversely) kind of reassuring that Everton have been 'Everton-ing that' for longer than I have supported them: I was beginning to think they'd reserved that propensity til I'd come on board! lol
You certainly won't be on your own with those sentiments.

If that was the case though we would have a bunch of kopites walking amongst us.

We would infact be kopites.

Doesn't even bare thinking about.
How would we have been kopites when LFC would never existed there .......
Our players plus fans first built Anfield from an old Athletic running track ..'.....

Only a rent hike made us move to Goodison - a disused Market Garden .....

That's if you know your history - LFC took years to establish - yes we spawned the devil of a club ....

They are not founder members of the original football league as we are......

How would we have been kopites when LFC would never existed there .......
Our players plus fans first built Anfield from an old Athletic running track ..'.....

Only a rent hike made us move to Goodison - a disused Market Garden .....

That's if you know your history - LFC took years to establish - yes we spawned the devil of a club ....

They are not founder members of the original football league as we are......

Oh Joey, I don't need a history lesson! I am not an idiot mate.

The people who support the RS would still exist, they would still want to support a team and that team would be us. We would still be in Anfield, we would be sat in the kop.

Their formation catered to that kind of person eventually. 1=20 and all that. In a way it is probably a good thing that we were able to siphon that lot into their own group as opposed to them being "us".

It's a horrible thought. They are a necessary evil.

Oh Joey, I don't need a history lesson! I am not an idiot mate.

The people who support the RS would still exist, they would still want to support a team and that team would be us. We would still be in Anfield, we would be sat in the kop.

Their formation catered to that kind of person eventually. 1=20 and all that. In a way it is probably a good thing that we were able to siphon that lot into their own group as opposed to them being "us".

It's a horrible thought. They are a necessary evil.
If LFC had not been formed I would have gladly stood on the Kop plus we would have never faced them all that misery losing to them......

Status
Not open for further replies.