2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are after him and he chooses to turn down a club that he was worshipped at under extremely tight financial restraints but who are now possibly the richest club in the making, then that is some serious respect due, in my opinion.

At the weekend we'll see him stood in the blue corner against a guy who dropped us the second a seemingly better offer came in. A fella who then tried to take our best players with him!

Sometimes the Everton experience feels like a simulation.

Dropped us the second a better offer came in?

Moyes felt he’d taken us as far as he could after more than a decade. His contract was up. You are giving Benitez more credit for his loyalty if he’s stays beyond October!?

Benitez is Everton manager because he lives nearby and we pay him a fortune. Nothing else.

He comes across in interviews as a decent sort . It must be while working for the rs any person becomes a bellend by default . As the current incumbent at that shower proves . He’s doing a good job , so far .
Until the final whistle Sunday,then it can all change.?

Dropped us the second a better offer came in?

Moyes felt he’d taken us as far as he could after more than a decade. His contract was up. You are giving Benitez more credit for his loyalty if he’s stays beyond October!?

Benitez is Everton manager because he lives nearby and we pay him a fortune. Nothing else.
If the Man U job had come up in Moyes second season do you think he would have said no and stayed?

My mind might be playing tricks on me but wasn't the Man U offer the first big club that came in for him? I am not sure if after a decade he would have upped sticks for Burnley or West Ham to see how far he could take them but that is my opinion.

I think that people are motivated in work by a number of factors such as meaning, money, loyalty, and recognition or paths to what a person defines as success - or the right thing to do.

Benitez would appear to have hero-worship at Newcastle, something he does not have here and possibly never will. If we think of which club has the bigger buying power or ability to pay record wages then in the short term under FFP it is most likely us but in the medium term and with creative accounting and partnerships they could overtake us in the not too distant future.

At this point, none of us know Benitez's motivations for being here. It could be that we are close to his house but personally speaking that has never been a motivating factor in my career, maybe it is for him. Maybe he has bought into the project in the way that Ancelotti said he had. Maybe it is about money but if so and Newcastle makes a bigger offer he would be gone if that was his motivation.

If the Man U job had come up in Moyes second season do you think he would have said no and stayed?

My mind might be playing tricks on me but wasn't the Man U offer the first big club that came in for him? I am not sure if after a decade he would have upped sticks for Burnley or West Ham to see how far he could take them but that is my opinion.

I think that people are motivated in work by a number of factors such as meaning, money, loyalty, and recognition or paths to what a person defines as success - or the right thing to do.

Benitez would appear to have hero-worship at Newcastle, something he does not have here and possibly never will. If we think of which club has the bigger buying power or ability to pay record wages then in the short term under FFP it is most likely us but in the medium term and with creative accounting and partnerships they could overtake us in the not too distant future.

At this point, none of us know Benitez's motivations for being here. It could be that we are close to his house but personally speaking that has never been a motivating factor in my career, maybe it is for him. Maybe he has bought into the project in the way that Ancelotti said he had. Maybe it is about money but if so and Newcastle makes a bigger offer he would be gone if that was his motivation.
Spurs were linked with Moyes for a bit but I can’t remember if that was when they were half decent or not. Certainly as soon as Utd came in he was off, but I don’t think many managers would have turned down that chance. Certainly not when at a time when Everton had little cash to invest in improving the team and going to the next level.

I guess it’s all relative with money. I’m sure Benitez is well paid at Everton, it’s a club with ambitions to compete for Europe and a new stadium on the way. I’d say there’s more than enough to keep him interested here.

Little touch of Benitez Pre West Ham press conference

Benitez on Newcastle Takeover

I have a very good relationship with the Newcastle fans, the city, everyone & I think it's not for me to talk too much about that. I'm the Everton manager now, I'm focused on that & I wish them the best"

Benitez on possible Newcastle return
I had a lot of friends who were asking me about this but from day one when I was talking with the board here, they didn't need to worry about that. I decided to stay here. I'm really happy... I keep my word & continue working here

Benitez
I'm not thinking about an average season where we say 'we did well but not so well and that's it'. I said so many times, we have owners with ambition, fans with ambition, a new stadium coming... so we have to fight as high as possible

Benitez on David Moyes
I think he's doing a good job and hopefully we can do well & the fans will be happy with Everton Football Club getting three points

Benitez on Team News
Lucas is fine, Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin are closer but still not available for this game. Yerry is coming back, has been playing a lot of minutes. Now he is traveling so hopefully he will be here.

Benitez on money
In my life as a manager, I didn't have too much money. In two clubs I maybe had a little bit. You have to be careful. You make mistakes like everyone but you try to spend it wisely... so always I try to be careful

Benitez on Everton's diversity of goal scorers in Richarlison & DCL absences
I think it's important to realise that the team has to score goals, not just one player. If you rely on just one, it's easier for opponents to stop you.

Benitez on Anthony Gordon
I think he has said in an interview that he realises he has to work hard and that is the way. When you have the talent you have the possibility to be a very good player. I'm really pleased with the way he is training & working. Hopefully he can continue like that & be an important player for us

Benitez
What I am thinking is in every training session to try and improve the players who play in every position. In Centre Back we have 5 names, Godfrey can play there, Mason can play there, Branthwaite can play there. Everyone has to be a good level and can do well.

He laughingly called China a project and the pandemic changed everything. Translation the money run out so he legged it from the project, the man is a money grabbing odious toad

The money didn't run out, he was still being paid an incredible amount and they offered him a 2 year extension to his contract.

At Dalian it was a project, they are revamping and up scaling their academy in order to be self sustainable. He has been made an ambassador at the club and is still overseeing the academy plans.

Say what you like but it must have been hard being locked in a hotel room and only being allowed out to train and go to matches, not being allowed to leave the country for nearly 2 years, he was extremely worried about his family and friends at home.

What?! lol

Benitez on money
In my life as a manager, I didn't have too much money. In two clubs I maybe had a little bit.
Well other than Liverpool and Real, where else did he have a sizable budget to work with? It's well documented that even at Liverpool he was only given a decent chunk to enter the market with once or twice during his entire time there.

Status
Not open for further replies.