Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we've been really poor progressing the ball from the back.
Look ok when we're on the ball in their half, but can't really get there
midfield is meh but the real culprits are the back four plus Pickford. Coleman is not getting forward at all. Digne a shadow of himself, convinced something’s wrong. Keane shocking pass right to a red shirt with no pressure. Pickford can be our weapon getting upfield with his distribution but pot more in the stands than on the head of our attackers.

Hes changed our defensive set pieces which were working under Ancelotti.

Hes asking Digne to stay back every game and cut out crosses

Its poor management.
Agree on set pieces

Digne NO, he's just playing crap. Been in the Watford area a few times and hit the first man with crosses on at least 5 occasions. Benitez didn't tell him to give away a stupid free kick instead a standing up.

Thought it was an entertaining first half, doesn’t mean we were good though. Everyone is so wasteful.

they just played liverpool v Watford highlights from last weekend on TV. Liverpool actually have players that can work out how to win on the pitch and Everton don’t.

We are playing one of the worst teams in the division, at home, and we are struggling. Benitez has got some hard work to do during the half-time team talk. (Apart from replacing Rondon).

Richarlison on for Rondon please.

funny I think this is rondons best game and he barely touched it.

Digne is turning gash. Poor defender but OK going forward and getting some crosses in. He seems to be playing at half speed.
Gordon has been OK not great just OK but showing signs of weakness in the body. Great effort though.
Davies apart from goal is not involved enough for me and Allan is looking lost.
Rondon is a non entity and feel only Townsend and Gray can get us out of this mess we are in.
I know Godfrey is having his troubles but I just wish he would relax a bit as there have been several times he has just lumped the ball out of play when unnecessary.
Watford playing the more composed footy

Status
Not open for further replies.