2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's always been the same. Competant defender sometimes, someone who looks nowhere close to this level a lot of other times.

Bottom-half player at best, doesn't belong here. Don't hate him but the day he's moved on will be a very good one.
Agreed. Probably made to look a lot better by Tarkowsi alongside him at Burnley, hence the £30m fee and hence Ben Mee slotting into his place effortlessly - which raises the question: did the world class recruitment team at EFC sign the wrong Burnely defender?! (and to think Man Utd were debating resigning him for £30m before opting for Lindelof instead).

The ultimate confidence player. Which for a centre half who generally has none of it is reflective in his performances. Awful player for several years now. Get rid at the earliest opportunity.

The mentality midget back doing what he does worst - looking like a competent top level centre back.

King bullied him all day, never let up and Keane visibly wilted.

Branthwaite needs to get in ahead of him now, with Mina and Godfrey (who was clearing up a lot of Keane's mess yesterday, and still doesn't look right after covid).

Sell for whatever we can get and move on.

The thing with Michael Keane is, he will never ever be a ball playing centre half. He might think he is, but watching him now for over 4 years, there is nothing but panic when he gets it. No wonder he got pied from the England team, I think Southgate realised that. He doesn’t know what he’s doing when the ball comes to him, he seems to hold onto it 5 seconds to long, will either play it back to Pickford or kick it up field with a terrible dink/chip pass. Absolutely sick of the sight of him demanding the ball from Pickford and not happy when he doesn’t get it. I think Pickford knows he’s not good enough on the ball, but saying that it’s pointless even kicking the ball upfield, cos Rondon couldn’t even hold up a fence. Don’t think he’s won a header in all the games I’ve seen, surely there’s better free signings that are fit and available than him.

He can head the ball away all day but looks petrified when he has the ball at his feet. Needs to be gone to Tranmere or somewhere.

I've lost count the amount of times he has time to find an Everton player with one of these headers and instead just aims to head it as far as possible. Does my head in, just no composure.

Status
Not open for further replies.