2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The set piece set up didn't result in us conceding 3 goals in 15 minutes from open play.

Wake up mate - we have a crap squad with a weak mentality and when 3 of our 4 defenders are all out of form shock horror we dont defend well.

Keane has been a disgrace since game one gifting Southampton a goal

Godfrey has been awful

Digne has been garbage

But its all on the manager of course it is.

It did result in Watford getting level though, and looking like they could score every time they got a corner.

It did result in West Ham beating us last week, it did result in Villa taking the game away from us.

I'm not the one who needs to wake up.

Benitez's system yesterday exposed our weaknesses and negated our strengths, the little ones we have. Digne isn't the best defensive full-back in the world but is good going forward. Until yesterday he wasn't asked to go forward at all for some reason. Yesterday he created three chances, a high for us.

Yet, that then exposes us at the back, and because Benitez didn't change the shape, it was Davies and Allan trying to plug the gaps Doucoure normally can.

It's just you who is taking this as people saying it's 'all on the manager'. No, it's not, of course it's not. You're just not accepting that Benitez can have any of the blame, when he absolutely has to take his share of the blame.

How are we, nine games into the season when we've only played one 'big six' team, down at an average of 40% possession, higher than only Burnley and Newcastle? The footy is crap, it's as dreadful as anything we saw last year and he needs to sort it.

He has been out
I didnt think it was either right or wrong in all honesty.

Certainly wasn't worthy of booing had he say took off DCL for a defender at 1-1
But the displeasure of the crowd was not primarily aimed at substitution of Gordon but at the failure to take the serially ineffective Rondon off.
Gordon ,who was integral to our opening goal, was still giving the opposition problems tiring or not, something Rondon has palpably failed to do in any of his appearances thus far.
Any defence of the recent performance of our current manager must falter on the question of Rondon.

We're 8th in the league. I think he might just be able to show his face.
We just capitulated 5-2 at home to Watford, as I said yesterday not asking for him to go that would be premature but he has to take some of the responsibility along with the gang of weapons in our team. That he didn't change something ANYTHING as goal after goal went in is poor.

He has been out

But the displeasure of the crowd was not primarily aimed at substitution of Gordon but at the failure to take the serially ineffective Rondon off.
Gordon ,who was integral to our opening goal, was still giving the opposition problems tiring or not, something Rondon has palpably failed to do in any of his appearances thus far.
Any defence of the recent performance of our current manager must falter on the question of Rondon.
...and the Zonal Mark Marking

Status
Not open for further replies.