2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can everyone who backed this signing please explain yourselves lol

He is literally the worst forward we've ever had. I gave Tosun stick for being immobile but this is on another level.

Either he's so unfit or lacking in mobility that he can't perform at this level, or his effort levels are really poor. Either way, it's hardly a good scenario.

I honestly thought he would be ok given he had a good season at Newcastle which is the last time I saw him.
To be signed by the manager that had him in China, when it’s clear his legs have gone, is just astonishing.

FAunziRWEAA84Gh.jpg

James watching his replacement Rondon getting picked every week at Everton all the while, playing in a pub league in 45 deg heat.

View attachment 143619

James watching his replacement Rondon getting picked every week at Everton all the while, playing in a pub league in 45 deg heat.

Also I know this is the Rondon thread, and no one cares about James anymore, but thought I'd drop this link for anyone curious.

Here's James playing in Qatar this week in a 0-3 loss to Al Duhail - I don't know if this was his first game for them, but he didn't play the week or two before that.

James has still got it, and he's completely wasted in Qatar where his teammates lose it as soon as he gives it to them. It's kinda hilarious how Everton got it so wrong. I don't think Benetiz needed to get rid of James, but who knows if he actually had a choice or not in terms of wages.

Also I know this is the Rondon thread, and no one cares about James anymore, but thought I'd drop this link for anyone curious.

Here's James playing in Qatar this week in a 0-3 loss to Al Duhail - I don't know if this was his first game for them, but he didn't play the week or two before that.

James has still got it, and he's completely wasted in Qatar where his teammates lose it as soon as he gives it to them. It's kinda hilarious how Everton got it so wrong. I don't think Benetiz needed to get rid of James, but who knows if he actually had a choice or not in terms of wages.

James has nothing to do with Rondon. How is Rondon a like for like replacement.

Neither player is the answer. Neither is even fit for a start.

James has nothing to do with Rondon. How is Rondon a like for like replacement.

Neither player is the answer. Neither is even fit for a start.

If James was still here id play him up top over Rondon. Heck I’d play Lewis dobbin over rondon and I haven’t watched him play.

There are people who play in other positions who would be more effective than him up front who are sitting on the bench. The likes of holgate and gomes would be better off playing there if we have no back up striker other than rondon. At least those 2 can actually move and lift their legs above knee level and might even get on the end of something in the box. If Rondon starts the next game, my backing of benitez will stop. Everyone who follows everton knows that their grandad is a better option than rondon, and being blindingly stubborn at the expense of trying to win football matches will be the reason Benitez gets the sack in the end.

Anyone know why we signed this no mark and let King go?

No, me neither!

i thought king deserved more of a chance than what he got last year. He should have been coming on for like 20-30 mins rather than the 5 mins he was coming on for. I’m guessing he left because he figured he couldn’t get in front of DCL and Richarlison. But I think he should have stayed now that Kean and James left. He always seemed like he was a bit of an around player that would have been useful, a bit like demarai gray.

it is obvious Carlo didn’t like him which is a shame, because he looked like he wasn’t given a chance.

Might be doing him a disservice as I can’t remember what happened before the attack

But for Davies’s goal he is literally on the half way line behind Allan when we score…that can’t be right…

i thought king deserved more of a chance than what he got last year. He should have been coming on for like 20-30 mins rather than the 5 mins he was coming on for. I’m guessing he left because he figured he couldn’t get in front of DCL and Richarlison. But I think he should have stayed now that Kean and James left. He always seemed like he was a bit of an around player that would have been useful, a bit like demarai gray.

it is obvious Carlo didn’t like him which is a shame, because he looked like he wasn’t given a chance.
Wasn't he not fully matchfit during his time with us?

Made no sense allowing King to go in the knowledge most serious about Everton knew about Kean... The management of the club stinks from the top when it's comes to putting a squad together.

James is a different debate as in the the mix in midfield, Gray is winger and Iwobi is supposedly the replacement lol.

No, but Benitez should be able to though. How long will it be before the penny drops and he realizes that the defenders he has are not capable of successfully defending set pieces with a zonal marking system.

well The penny didn’t drop for Bobby or Silva .. or it did but they were to stubborn

Status
Not open for further replies.