Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Right, I've got to say it. I'm completely fed up with people attacking Moshiri. This is gonna be a long post, cos I have a lot to say on the topic. For those who can't be bothered to read it, summarised at the end..

What is the guy supposed to do? He has pumped a fortune into the club and trusted previously successful people to make footballing decisions with his money, just like Abramovich at Chelsea and Mansour at City. But these people have failed. Why? In my honest opinion, we have too many of the old guard still around the club. People that do not have a winning mentality. People that only know what it is like to win an FA cup and narrowly avoid relegation. People that can't let go.

All I can ask of an owner as a fan is that Moshiri backs a manager with funds to compete and tries to take the club infrastructure forward in a sustainable way. He has done (or is doing both). The rest (success) is up to the management he has in place. Aside from Rafael, everyone has been backed with cash. We have had horrendous luck with injuries over the last 4 years, but we still have a squad with England's no1, England's backup striker, Brazil's number 9 and one their best 3DMs, 3 x la liga winners and an England u21 captain. All of these players have suffered a significant injury or illness in the Last12-18 months. Some multiple. Oh and our record signing has disappeared off of the face of the earth (we all know why) whilst multiple other players have had run-ins with the law too. You can't make that sh1t up!

We have decided to play by the FFP rules with Rafael which I endorse as Moshiri is thinking in a sustainable way. And I really do think that Rafael was the best manager we could get who was willing to work under the constraints we have. Trouble is that we are threadbare as a squad with no real young talent coming through. (Again down to the people Moshiri has put his trust in to succeed.) Moshiri isn't the problem. The performance of the people he has employed is though. Some may say that is Moshiri's fault then, however, they should all have done better based on their previous experience (Silva excepted, although he signed Richarlison and 3 x la liga winners). He has acted when he has needed to act to dismiss these people too.

He wants success as much as we do. I believe the problem is the culture around the club and until we have the balls to rid ourselves of this 'old guard' who have remained constant during his tenure, we will keep getting the same outcome. Who are the old guard left on the coaching staff at Chelsea, City or Liverpool? That's right no one. Which of those clubs were taken over and then allowed their previous unsuccessful chairman to remain? None of them.

We love our history, but it is time to stop holding on to the past and start building a new club identity and culture if we want to be successful on the pitch. We used to be the Merseyside millionaires and the school of science. We'll we aren't the richest and we are not tactically the best anymore. We are a nice community club - the people's club. Unfortunately this has no relationship with suceess on the football pitch. Maybe the culture is too nice' for the players as well? Ultimately I believe that Moshiri has to create a new club culture for us to compete. He will never do this with Kenwright and the rest of them at the club.

In short Moshiri needs to:

1:Completely clear out the old guard. History is history.
2: Re-invent the club culture around a winning mentality, not be a nice community club who used to be good (FFS, that could describe Burnley). What do we really want to stand for?
3: Keep investing and building club infrastructure, but be less trusting and more ruthless with club staff when they do not perform as they can. Brands - watch out.
4: Hope that everyone stops getting injured or involvied with the law. Must be the worst run in the clubs history..

So he DOES have work to do, but I trust him in the way he trusts Kenwright, Baxendale Brands etc. He has given people the benefit of the doubt. It is time they repaid him...
A lot of fair comments but we all know nothing will change, he needs to decide if he wants to own a football club or a charity

Getting the right people in the right roles is the most important part of being a football club owner. He hasn't shown me anything to suggest he is able to identify the right people. Appointing Benitez means he will not get the benefit of the doubt from me again.
See if I was an accountant by trade or lawyer (or whatever Moshiri is) I wouldn't have a clue what is needed to run a successful football club. I could only go on achievement on CVs, the way people interview and references. And most importantly, recommendation from those I trust. Who is still chairman of the club? That's it, Blue Bill.. Mosh is the majority owner, but not the sole decision maker. He has trusted the structure of the club to hire the right people based on their expertise. We have a board of Directors who would look after this, not Moshiri. And the chairman is responsible in this case..

See if I was an accountant by trade or lawyer (or whatever Moshiri is) I wouldn't have a clue what is needed to run a successful football club. I could only go on achievement on CVs, the way people interview and references. And most importantly, recommendation from those I trust. Who is still chairman of the club? That's it, Blue Bill.. Mosh is the majority owner, but not the sole decision maker. He has trusted the structure of the club to hire the right people based on their expertise. We have a board of Directors who would look after this, not Moshiri. And the chairman is responsible in this case..
Nothing will change while Bill is here.

Moshiri has done an awful job. It's a result business. I could careless what he has spent because it has been spent stupidly, and stupidly for 5 years...

He should have been making wholesale changes in his way of thinking, operating 3 years ago.

I'm not sure if he doesn't care or is just someone not intelligent to review his mistakes and adjust accordingly. My patience is gone for him.

Only we could get a billionaire account who is absolutely clueless at running a club
I'm sure the owners of Chelsea & City are as clueless about the running of a football club.
But how they are different is they appoint people that are absolutely ruthless in what they do.
If Moshiri is guilty of anything it is putting his faith ( & his money ) in the hands of Kenwright & his cronies.
Yes he's made bad calls but ultimately he should have someone like a Bruce Buck around to make those decisions for him.
Off field (stadium etc) its everything and more we have dreampt of. Its the on field from top to bottom that needs sorting out , and quickly too.

I'm sure the owners of Chelsea & City are as clueless about the running of a football club.
But how they are different is they appoint people that are absolutely ruthless in what they do.
If Moshiri is guilty of anything it is putting his faith ( & his money ) in the hands of Kenwright & his cronies.
Yes he's made bad calls but ultimately he should have someone like a Bruce Buck around to make those decisions for him.
Off field (stadium etc) its everything and more we have dreampt of. Its the on field from top to bottom that needs sorting out , and quickly too.
I'd say it's more a case that city and Chelsea owners are serious about competing. I don't believe moshiri is. He's happy for us to be top 10 with a new stadium. Then he sells us for profit.