• 1-2 years

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • 2-4 years

Votes: 54 42.5%
  • 5-10 years

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • I like it even when we're crap.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • What's the point. I'll get into snooker instead.

Votes: 18 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wont ever get fixed until the higher echelons of the club acknowledge and take responsibility for the fact that they are the root cause of all of the problems in the club and proactively and ruthlessly do something about it instead of just throwing countless new managers and over paid players that couldn't give a toss about the club at the problem which could never solve it in a million years. It is like cutting the top off the weeds and then wondering wtf the rot keeps on coming back to the surface and taking over again. That is Everton to a tee.

The whole ethos of the club is that they are just happy to be there.
Nothing will change until professional and commercially minded people come in and run it properly.
It’s interesting that many on here make the assertion that we need commercially minded people running our club. Go on any Man Utd platform or forum and Utd fans will say that it is the commercial mindedness of their owners that is ruining their club (likewise at Arsenal and Newcastle to an extent). They would suggest that those in charge are more interested in making money from the club than winning trophies and that this is not in keeping with their clubs/fans ambitions.

I think there is far too much knee nerk reaction to our situation.

We had a very good start to the league and now we have had three bad losses in a row.... largely because of injuries to Mina, Digne,Doucoure, DCL and Richarlison.

We simply do not have the squad to cope with the loss of those players...very few teams would.

We didn't spend in the summer when we needed to but we know the reason for that.

We have a good team but a weak squad.
If that can be addressed I don't think we are in such a bad place.

It’s interesting that many on here make the assertion that we need commercially minded people running our club. Go on any Man Utd platform or forum and Utd fans will say that it is the commercial mindedness of their owners that is ruining their club (likewise at Arsenal and Newcastle to an extent). They would suggest that those in charge are more interested in making money from the club than winning trophies and that this is not in keeping with their clubs/fans ambitions.
yes good point. We need competence, that's it.

If you are in your fifties, it is highly unlikely you will see us lift a trophy again .......That will only change if we get a new owner and have a complete clear out of the hierarchy within the club

In terms of being competitive, we probably only need 2/3 players who are decent quality. Really could do with one of them being a really driven centre mid who can stay fit. The right player can have an infectious effect, a catalyst - remember the instant effect someone like Cahill had. World class players would be nice but I would settle for some proper competitors with a strong mindset. Our squad has been lacking character for years.

In terms of top 4 or winning trophies - feels a few years off for me but sign the right player and you never know.

It wont ever get fixed until the higher echelons of the club acknowledge and take responsibility for the fact that they are the root cause of all of the problems in the club and proactively and ruthlessly do something about it instead of just throwing countless new managers and over paid players that couldn't give a toss about the club at the problem which could never solve it in a million years. It is like cutting the top off the weeds and then wondering wtf the rot keeps on coming back to the surface and taking over again. That is Everton to a tee.
Or, they could use commas and full stops. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.