• 1-2 years

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • 2-4 years

Votes: 54 42.5%
  • 5-10 years

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • I like it even when we're crap.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • What's the point. I'll get into snooker instead.

Votes: 18 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rot set in when: Moyes admitted the first conversation with Kenwright every Pre-Season was about ensuring SURVIVAL. That took us to Coventry City level in the seventies and eighties. Yet he has been allowed by Moshri, to hang around like a wet fart. Sadly the money has been sweet shop stuff. No really good chocolate bought, but out of the pick and mix, sadly we have bought tons of kit Kats the off cuts of the really good chocolate. DBB and Blue Bill, plucky little Everton, its made us a bloody packet.
It was about survival then, Moyes was correct, but he and Bill sorted that threat together, they built a platform that was solid, then Moyes left, Moshiri came and the R word became fashionable again.

The options for manager were Benitez, Howe or Espírito Santo.

We didnt have the money to poach a manager from elsewhere. We a.so didnt have a transfe4 budget to offer them. Each of those had risks.

changing manage4 again won’t solve the fundamental problem that our recruitment ha# failed. That is the biggest failure of all.
We could have paid for Potter by sending them Holgate....

I think we are 5-10 years away if we get our act together and dont make any more bad decsions which I`m not conviced we wont, the Moshiri era has been absolutely disasterous and took away everything that was good about the club. We had a squad that worked hard, didnt shirk anything and what do we have now? Completely the opposite...

We are 100s of millions in annual revenue behind the top 6 with 2 more clubs potentially coming past us, the mismanagement of money and the club has done untold damage that will take years to erradicate.

The best we can hope for is for the stadium to be completed then Moshiri selling the club to someone more competant..... In the last 10/15 years we have dropped from the 4th/5th most successful English club to 8th, we have no chance climbing up that table again. AND lets be honest 8th is probably our place in the PL table, year after year of mediocrity has arrived. We need to face facts and be realistic, this club will not amount to anything again in our lifetime and never be competing with the best clubs in this country and we fall further behind the top clubs with every week/month/year that goes by.

We are just a Burnley but with a history.......

Starts with dropping Rafita
Then dropping a lot of dead weight and starting over
We've been saying that for 5 years, how is this now second to punting the manager.. the dead wood has been our main issue for a very long time it's our main problem, useless players on millions per year have seen to it that a manager who once called us small was given just 2 million to spend.. of all the people to blame for our current situation some fans are blaming the person who's least at fault.
Order of blame in my opinion.
1. Kenwright for selling up and not walking away and demanding to hold onto some power.
2. Moshiri for poor hiring especially at DOF and allowing Bill to hang around.
3. Koeman & Walsh did untold long term damage that is still being felt and will be for some time.
4.Brands some shocking signings.
5. The jobs for the boys attitude (due to Bill hanging around) Unsworth and Ferguson should both have been drop kicked out of the club long ago.
6. FFP has been a disaster for us since it was introduced.
7. Carlo last year we had a great chance we were 2nd on Stephens day and ended up mid table how does one of the most respected managers just drop tools like that?
Of all the blame to hand out Rafael is well down the list.

This.

Know your enemy.
I can see him selling soon as the ground is done, which is his aim, if so its possible he could sell us to a richer owner, and hopefully one who puts the correct people in place. He could leave us on a better platform, sadly by then though a few more clubs might of over taken us, but for now i fully expect Everton to be a grim place, we just have to ride it out until he is gone.

Yeah after 6 years of his stewardship I don’t see this suddenly happening.

…yep, but many clubs have struggled finding the right Manager. City took a while, United have struggled since SAF, Arsenal since Wenger & the Reds have only truly prospered under Klopp.

I often think it’s lots to do with right man in the right place at the right time. Such a difficult appointment to get right.

I can see him selling soon as the ground is done, which is his aim, if so its possible he could sell us to a richer owner, and hopefully one who puts the correct people in place. He could leave us on a better platform, sadly by then though a few more clubs might of over taken us, but for now i fully expect Everton to be a grim place, we just have to ride it out until he is gone.

That’s too far away. Another 3 years of Farhad Moshiri and we will not be in the Premier League, the ground will either be left half finished like Valencia’s or completely remodelled to a 25,000 seater box like the Riverside. If we chase him out in the next couple of years we can still save this club. I trust the freedom fighters are on with this though.

…yep, but many clubs have struggled finding the right Manager. City took a while, United have struggled since SAF, Arsenal since Wenger & the Reds have only truly prospered under Klopp.

I often think it’s lots to do with right man in the right place at the right time. Such a difficult appointment to get right.

Nothing to do with finding the right manager, we appointed Carlo Ancelotti last year and were still an absolute mess, the club is run like a circus from top to bottom. None of those clubs have ever been handled as badly as we have apart from maybe Liverpool under Hicks and Gillette. I don’t believe any of our fans truly believe deep down in their hearts that the state of this club is down to the manager, whether they want to admit it or not.

Keep changing managers - never.

We hired a decent one to arrest the slide and we shouldn't hound him out.

Keep changing managers - never.

We hired a decent one to arrest the slide and we shouldn't hound him out.

It was always going to turn out like this, always. It was a doomed appointment from the start. The sooner the fans turn on the carpet bagging fraud, the quicker we can cleanse the club, the sooner we can begin to heal. We are in trouble if he sticks around.

Significant progress can be made in 2 years given the number of contracts that are ending. There will be money available to reinvest.

Good recruitment under the right manager and football changes very quickly. The club have to be ruthless though. If no changes are made then no change will happen.

This manager and this DOF need to go and Moshiri needs football people making the appointments. Unfortunately thats an awful lot that needs to go right with very little evidence that its likely to happen.

It was always going to turn out like this, always. It was a doomed appointment from the start. The sooner the fans turn on the carpet bagging fraud, the quicker we can cleanse the club, the sooner we can begin to heal. We are in trouble if he sticks around.
The reverse is true. He's our last chance at a decent manager of quality. Get shut of him and we are in the bargain basement looking for managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.