Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's absolutely laughable if true.

We might as well be run by a class of 5 year old because I reckon they wouldn't do much worse.
Levy doesn't strike me as the spend 400million type. They'll always be spurs. They dangle a bit of hope in front of the fans and then deliver zero trophies. I'm just grateful to have lived through the 80's. At least we had some glory years.

Which is exactly what I've been saying.

We literally have to get rid of 6 or so players just to balance the books, or sell one of our better players.

So we won't be in talks with Insigne then until we have got rid of 6 or so players just to balance the books.

Edit - maybe he was asking Insigne if he wanted to buy Iwobi, Tosun or Rondon

I think one of Richarlison or DCL will be off in the summer. Most probably Richarlison and DCL the year later.

That would raise enough to start again surely but we can't be trusted to spend wisely.

The best we can hope for is that Moshiri and Uncle Alisher have told Benitez that we are holding two fingers up to the rules going forward, with the lawyers on call to challenge any suggestion of some kind of sanction. That’s the route other clubs have taken in the past and they have been rewarded by being able to propel themselves to front runners for every trophy they compete for.

Obviously, any money we spend in breach of the rules absolutely need to be spent wisely in future and there are no guarantees of that based on the past

The best we can hope for is that Moshiri and Uncle Alisher have told Benitez that we are holding two fingers up to the rules going forward, with the lawyers on call to challenge any suggestion of some kind of sanction. That’s the route other clubs have taken in the past and they have been rewarded by being able to propel themselves to front runners for every trophy they compete for.

Obviously, any money we spend in breach of the rules absolutely need to be spent wisely in future and there are no guarantees of that based on the past

If we’re going to run the club like that then I fear the forthcoming relegation and subsequent destruction of the club will be on its way quicker than the 3-5 year period I’ve predicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.