2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More than likely yes - otherwise how do you go from being 5th in the table to bottom 3 which is what it would take to see him sacked?

Dont tell me that you dont believe our squad don't down tools they have done it to every manager we've had and will continue to do it in the future - our own club captain is on record stating we have a mentality problem in the dressing room.

Because of the managers gash tactics?

We would all hope so yes, but that's sometimes not how football works. It's not as simple as saying we will be fine once everyone comes back.

It's common for sides to not have a full strength team available at any point during a 38 game season. You have to adapt and find ways to compete, because injuries are simply part of football.

You're missing the point - no one is saying we need a fully fit squad they are saying as soon as any 3-4 of Richarlison, DCL, Doucoure, Mina and Pickford are missing at once we fall to pieces as there is no quality in those positions to do the job required.

It's not unique to this season/manager and it wont be unique to the next fella either.

Hands up who thought he did reasonably well at the start of the season with most players available? I'll put my hand up.

Who thinks that his management with a squad riddled with injuries is also going well? My hand ain't up no more.

He's the manager and has to handle the situation and eke out whatever results he can. He's not doing that right now.

If he doesn't turn this around soon, then they need someone who can. Otherwise he's going to be the answer to the question, "which Liverpool manager got sacked twice at Anfield?"

You're missing the point - no one is saying we need a fully fit squad they are saying as soon as any 3-4 of Richarlison, DCL, Doucoure, Mina and Pickford are missing at once we fall to pieces as there is no quality in those positions to do the job required.

It's not unique to this season/manager and it wont be unique to the next fella either.

I'm not missing the point. You are pinning your hopes on something that is not certain. We might not got everyone back at the same time, and others might get injured too.

Hands up who thought he did reasonably well at the start of the season with most players available? I'll put my hand up.

Who thinks that his management with a squad riddled with injuries is also going well? My hand ain't up no more.

He's the manager and has to handle the situation and eke out whatever results he can. He's not doing that right now.

If he doesn't turn this around soon, then they need someone who can. Otherwise he's going to be the answer to the question, "which Liverpool manager got sacked twice at Anfield?"
This is roughly a weaker team with the players missing beaten at home last season by Villa, Burnley, Sheff Utd, Fulham, Newcastle, etc. Nobody is getting a tune out of this lot unless all are fully fit. Poor recruitment from the top to blame.

Teams suss other teams out, it's footy, what works at the start of a season doesn't mean they will continue to work and Benitez is a one trick pony who's tactics are ancient.

People said that about Moyes and shock horror WHU have given him time and money and their recruitment team unlike Brands have realised if you sign 6 foot 2 athletes who can run and tackle you'll do well in English football and are flying.

Benitez tactics worked fine when we had DCL holding the ball up / attacking crosses, a midfield who can play effective counter attack backed up by a defence that can defend when out of possession.

Take DCL, Doucoure and Mina out with Richarlison also having missed 5-6 weeks the system isnt anywhere near effective but thats the same for every club.

Take TAA & Robertson out of Liverpools team and their system is completely nullified.

More than likely yes - otherwise how do you go from being 5th in the table to bottom 3 which is what it would take to see him sacked?

Dont tell me that you dont believe our squad don't down tools they have done it to every manager we've had and will continue to do it in the future - our own club captain is on record stating we have a mentality problem in the dressing room.
One of the selling points you and the Beni Brigade were putting out was that he wouldn't let that happen.

Who's the current EFC manager?

You can debate all day with a religious fundamentalist and they'll never agree with you no matter what evidence you provide - same with the radicals in our fanbase when it comes to "FSW" "Pigman" "scumbag" etc etc.
I like how you get offended by others using abusive terms towards someone else when your own rhetoric towards them is lined with an insinuative subtext. (Radicals, cult, brigade etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.