2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve got to ask, before I continue to moan..

Why do Brentford play Hey Jude dead loud before and after the game ?

Where did the club from the suburbs of London get such a love for the song of the Liverpool four? The Athletic tried to find out by contacting the fans, but even those who have been supporting the club for decades found it difficult to answer. "She was always with us," says Dave Harris, who first came to the Brentford stadium back in 1979.

But there is still a beautiful story. Its main character is Peter Gilham, an announcer who has been working at the club's stadium for more than half a century. A word to a 74-year-old fan:

" Hey Jude was released in 1968. In 1969, I worked for the first year. I sat in a booth behind the bleachers, made announcements and turned on music. Then I had a group of friends, we talked and went to games together. One of them was a girl named Judy Kaufman. She was known as Jude, so I played this song for her. The song was very quickly accepted by the fans, but I did not plan that it would become the anthem of "Brentford"! "

It's not even a performance he needs now on Wednesday. He got that "back to basics" performance against Spurs. We've been absolutely tonked by City since then and just lost 1-0 to a massively crap Brentford side.

He needs a win Wednesday because this crap won't be allowed to continue much longer.

We’re not winning on Wednesday

No chance

At best he can keep the score respectable

Kopites will be salivating at the thought of this one

It’s going to get dark in Goodison

Thought I don’t totally blame Benitez but we do seem devoid of ideas atm, like the players we buy we always get most in when they are past their best, even Carlo was like that, in the end he limped us through last season and I reckon had he not left he would be gone by now. I wonder if there’s a good reason Dunc is always around, I see him as a safe pair of hands if the board do decide to out Benitez.

Status
Not open for further replies.