2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a populist and will just bow to whatever keeps the fans happy. Unfortunately he’s probably the worst type of owner we could have at the moment. The board are absolutely paranoid and at the first sign of mass fan discontent will pull the trigger on him to save their own skins. Shouldn’t be this way but that’s how it is.

The fan base isn’t helping though. It’s the same fan base that gets irate enough to demand Kendall was fired but will clap Kenwirght for years of stagnation. The exact same thing is happening now. Huge ire against Koeman, Allardyce, Ancelotti towards the end and now Benitez meanwhile Moshiri, Brands, DBB who have been in post for years presiding over this entire mess get nothing.

I honestly feel this is about to change. The banner yesterday was a message to the board. It’s not going to be long before the match going fans turn on them en masse, then they won’t be able to hide.

I honestly feel this is about to change. The banner yesterday was a message to the board. It’s not going to be long before the match going fans turn on them en masse, then they won’t be able to hide.
People are trying to play it down, but Benitez's future is largely going to be dictated by what happens Wednesday night.

A positive result buys time. Any sort of defeat and it will be toxic. A comprehensive loss and he won't survive Thursday morning.

Yes the board are incompetent, the players are cowards but… Rafael’s not blameless here.

The players look beaten before they go on the pitch, they look completely dispirited. His knives to a gunfight mentality is transferred to the players, set up not to play football and cross your fingers for a goal out of somewhere is the sum total of the plan and frankly, the players don’t look like they believe in it, far less enjoy it and get up for it.

Having lost Siggi and James our principal creators last season, he’s then changed the tactics so that our other most productive attacking outlet by far, Lucas Digne, hardly crosses the half way line. The team didn’t have a lot of goals in it last season and he’s decimated the chance creation that was there and replaced it with nothing. Who’d have thought we’d struggle to create or score.

We don’t look like we have any idea what to do with the ball, we don’t even look like we want the ball. Disorganised in defence, no plan when we ‘attack’. The squad’s crap but Rafael’s really got them plying badly.

A terrible brand of football and if he is here for the next 2/3 years, concerned at the type of players he’d be signing to fit into his style.

Too true it won't be long. At this moment in time I'd say 58hrs. and counting.

Sorry when did that happen? I’ve never seen a worse crosser of the ball in my life.

Cant argue lol.

But him and Gray linked up well and got behind the defence and did put (float) crosses over or cut backs. Just no one there.

The point was that anyone half decent or with some attacking threat would've got on the end of something

Yes the board are incompetent, the players are cowards but… Rafael’s not blameless here.

The players look beaten before they go on the pitch, they look completely dispirited. His knives to a gunfight mentality is transferred to the players, set up not to play football and cross your fingers for a goal out of somewhere is the sum total of the plan and frankly, the players don’t look like they believe in it, far less enjoy it and get up for it.

Having lost Siggi and James our principal creators last season, he’s then changed the tactics so that our other most productive attacking outlet by far, Lucas Digne, hardly crosses the half way line. The team didn’t have a lot of goals in it last season and he’s decimated the chance creation that was there and replaced it with nothing. Who’d have thought we’d struggle to create or score.

We don’t look like we have any idea what to do with the ball, we don’t even look like we want the ball. Disorganised in defence, no plan when we ‘attack’. The squad’s crap but Rafael’s really got them plying badly.

A terrible brand of football and if he is here for the next 2/3 years, concerned at the type of players he’d be signing to fit into his style.
Yesterday reminded me of Silva’s last days. Plenty of possession (for a change) but totally unable to do anything with it. Concerning thing for me is whoever comes in next has the same ghastly lot of players to deal with. No point saying play the kids since we don’t seem to have many, if any, who could make the grade.

I've actually been one of those who've backed giving Benitez a chance and defended him since he came in. Recent performances though have been absolutely dire and I didn't think they could get worse than the last few months of Carlo's reign. Sooner or later the club will have to admit defeat with this experiment as it's just not working and it's turning the club and fanbase absolutely toxic.

Surely you can understand how difficult it is for fans to get behind a manager who has currently the lowest win % since Walter Smith?

My outlook is simple - if sacking Benitez means we appoint a Lampard type, still have the same problems and still finish anywhere from 8th-14th then what's the point?

The only we start finishing 4th-7th is by changing the players/DOF/Board/academy/medical staff.

At this stage after 7 seasons finishing 15th this season means nothing to me providing Benitez starts removing people from the club like he's already started with Dr Death.

Appointing a new manager who's happy just to focus on whats happening on the pitch is just going in circles as nothing will change and this club can not succeed as it is.

My outlook is simple - if sacking Benitez means we appoint a Lampard type, still have the same problems and still finish anywhere from 8th-14th then what's the point?

The only we start finishing 4th-7th is by changing the players/DOF/Board/academy/medical staff.

At this stage after 7 seasons finishing 15th this season means nothing to me providing Benitez starts removing people from the club like he's already started with Dr Death.

Appointing a new manager who's happy just to focus on whats happening on the pitch is just going in circles as nothing will change and this club can not succeed as it is.
Just forget it - he’s done now, you’ll either back or reject the next manager who will be in situ within 10 days

Status
Not open for further replies.