2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle in 17/18 lost 8 games out of 9, were 18th in the league and finished 10th.

In 18/19 Newcastle were 20th after 9 games, with 0 wins, they finished 13th.

Thats why he talks about 2nd half of the season. Rafas teams always start slowly and finish well.

Because Mike Ashley was happy as long as they didn't go down and if he sacked him he wasn't attracting anyone good.

Most clubs in the league if you lose 8 of your first 9 games in the PL you'll be out the door before game 10.

I was of the opinion when he was appointed, that this was a marriage between two different faiths, that was already doomed to failure before it began. Well here we are approaching six months since Benitez first darkened our doorstep, and i've seen nothing to make me change my mind. If anything i'm even more convinced, that this sham of a marriage is heading for the ultimate disaster.

Because Mike Ashley was happy as long as they didn't go down and if he sacked him he wasn't attracting anyone good.

Most clubs in the league if you lose 8 of your first 9 games in the PL you'll be out the door before game 10.

Hassenhutl this season 8 games without a win. Last season 9 games without a win. Season before 7 games without a win.

He's regarded as one of the better younger managers.

You lot want Potter, so what's your response to that record of 3 seasons straight without a win in 9 games.
My response is give him the job and see if he does worse than Benitez, who has done an absolutely indefensible pathetic job, and see if he does better with the Everton squad vs the Brighton squad.

Worst form in 22 years. If you want to slate a Manager start with the man pretending to be ours.

You can't defend it so you're going to slate the posters in the thread and any other potential manager.

Benitez is finished here. We can judge his replacement when they take over.

You lot want Potter, so what's your response to that record of 3 seasons straight without a win in 9 games.
my response is that i want to watch a side dictate football games and keep possession

we are more likely to do that under potter's style of play

the fact he has long winless streaks is sometimes due to the fact that brighton are not a clinical side and do not have quality players in the attacking third

i would like to think if he can keep that possession style and bring in good attacking quality players at everton we might see us playing to a similar style like man city

obviously that is the theory but he could easily just be a big giant flop who plays martinez style possession with no end product

Status
Not open for further replies.