2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's said the exact same thing for months. There's nothing in that post that's new or a reverse.

We've also said if we don't win between now and Burnley or at the latest Newcastle then he'd deserve sacking. Again, no change whatsoever in view.

The only difference is we're not laying into the bloke after a dozen games, and in some instances laying into him before a ball was kicked.
Maybe you have.

Hes still pretending Benitez future isn't in any danger.
Who says he's close to being sacked?

Because the excuses are 100% valid.

You, on the other hand, have been irrationally slating him, making out like he's losing with a squad akin to 1970s Brazil, and others like you have slated him before a ball was kicked, and that all of our ills are on him personally and everything else isn't relevant.
They aren't.

There's no excuse for going 2 months without a win.

None.

…but it’s supporting the club if you’re indifferent to them getting relegated?

I suppose it’s understandable supporting a manager leading the club to the Championship when you’re content us being in the Championship.

What you need to understand is we desperately want to remain in the top flight.
I’d replace “want” with “need”!

It’s not just the atrocious losing football that is of concern here, it’s the vibe and the atmosphere that surrounds it. It’s similar to Koeman’s final days.

Benitez is an arrogant fool, playing an ultra defensive style of play but persisting with two upfront, one of which is the biggest donkey to ever play for Everton.

Sacking him this afternoon might not be the wisest thing, but a replacement needs to be found ASAP to come in during this season.

We’d be mad to just sit back and do nothing, we can’t afford to even flirt with relegation, going down would be an absolute disaster!

Maybe you have.

Hes still pretending Benitez future isn't in any danger.

Well there's no real proof it actually is right now. The board could easily persist with him for a while yet - the fans have been toxic since he arrived so what difference does it make if they're toxic now?

There will get a point where it's untenable, and that'd be if we go into the new year on less than 20 points. He might get away with 19 points I guess but I doubt it.

Regardless, I think everyone is in agreement that if he can't pick up at least one win from Palace, Burnley and Newcastle, even taking into consideration the abortion of a squad we have, then he deserves sacking completely.

Do you think his job is safe right now? Head in the sand if so.

I wouldn't say its safe but there is nothing circulating to suggest he's on the verge of the boot.

The only anger being reported is towards the board/Brands.

I still maintain until we're in the bottom 3 like Koeman/Silva were he wont be sacked and we have at least 2-3 more games before that possible scenario.

I also think we'll beat Arsenal monday...

Well there's no real proof it actually is right now. The board could easily persist with him for a while yet - the fans have been toxic since he arrived so what difference does it make if they're toxic now?

There will get a point where it's untenable, and that'd be if we go into the new year on less than 20 points. He might get away with 19 points I guess but I doubt it.

Regardless, I think everyone is in agreement that if he can't pick up at least one win from Palace, Burnley and Newcastle, even taking into consideration the abortion of a squad we have, then he deserves sacking completely.
He just got the vote of confidence from the owner and we are in our worst run of form for 22 years.

How much more evidence is required?

Are people really using the Derby defeat to beat Benitez with... you are comparing two clubs... one in its best purple patch for nearly 30 years against a club who has been mis managed and wasted millions for years. If your going to bash Benitez be fair about it.. do it when he has the tools at his disposal and not one arm tied behind his back in the form of players not fit to wear the shirt, he is also having to manage with a shambles up above him with no direction or basic plan of how to go forward...

Are people really using the Derby defeat to beat Benitez with... you are comparing two clubs... one in its best purple patch for nearly 30 years against a club who has been mis managed and wasted millions for years. If your going to bash Benitez be fair about it.. do it when he has the tools at his disposal and not one arm tied behind his back in the form of players not fit to wear the shirt, he is also having to manage with a shambles up above him with no direction or basic plan of how to go forward...
No we are using the run of form over the last 2 months.

Keep up pal.

There's plenty to point to.

Status
Not open for further replies.