2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if this were true (it's not, we were never close to the dropzone under Ancelotti) why would that be a reason to maintain a failing manager. "He's no worse than some of our previous managers" is really getting boring as an excuse for Benitez's failings.
Lol
We started last season very well)no injuries) then plummeted, won three of the last thirteen including 5-0 to city as well as a season if home losses to Fulham, shef weds, Burnley and Newcastle, all of whom were basically bottom or close to

Carlo had a full squad ffs

No point sacking him until the seasons end at the earliest - we aint qualifying for europe or winning a trophy likewise we aint going down and the options mid season to replace him with are limited and uninspiring.

No point wasting money to sack him and appoint some loser on big money to "save us" like Alladyce did just to pacify some of the crybabies in the fanbase.

Get until the end of the season and we go from there.
Stop banging on about it all if you don't care. It's really boring now. Let people get on with being "crybabies" or feeling however they want to about it.

You keep saying you are indifferent or don't care, and wouldn't care if he was sacked etc. Well shut up about it then.

Why, based on recent seasons form, when we were never close to relegation, did you think we would be so poor? If you could choose just one thing that had changed on the playing side of the club, one major change, what would that be?

Coleman a year older, not replaced. Sigurdsson gone, not replaced. World class manager gone, replaced by a lesser one. Calvert-Lewin played 39 games last season and we hadn't sold Kean and brought in a competent understudy if he got injured, which happened.

I also saw many performances last season where we should have been beaten and we weren't. We should have been 10 points or so worse off, and that's on Ancelotti working miracles. We won just the one game by more than one goal in 2021; I knew that couldn't be maintained.

So my prediction was simply playing the odds and looking at the situation objectively. It's been proven right; even when we were winning under Benitez in September, I was nervously looking for the 40 point mark. I never once entertained European qualification, because I knew what we actually had.

I think we stay up this season regardless of whether we sack Benitez or not. If we could sack Benitez and bring in an Ancelotti-type proven world class manager and have him here for three years, I'd be all for it. We can't, so I'm not. So I'd rather just stick with it.

"no point sacking him because we aren't gonna fight for anything anyway"

Thats exactly why we should be sacking him, it's only just December and we know categorically our season is over.
Exactly

If we get a bad draw in the cup on Monday then our season will be over on the 6th December.

Thats the biggest indictment on Benitez of them all. We're relying on a lucky draw to keep the season alive.

Lol
We started last season very well)no injuries) then plummeted, won three of the last thirteen including 5-0 to city as well as a season if home losses to Fulham, shef weds, Burnley and Newcastle, all of whom were basically bottom or close to

Carlo had a full squad ffs
When did we have no injuries last season mate? When did carlo have a full squad?

Please point out all those games when he had his full first 11 available and zero injuries.

BT Sports panelists debating Rafael and have all agreed that issues run deeper than him and he can't be to fully blame.

They said we over achieved at the start of the season are now underachieving. They said Gray and Townsend are excellent signings and given more money he could bring more quality in. They said Brands can and can't be to blame. They said the blame is on Moshiri and Bill and a board change would be more important than sacking Rafael.

They agreed that Rafael needs a few more games before they think about pulling the trigger and even then bringing in someone else won't change the deep issues within the club.

No one is putting all the blame on Rafael though we all know the troubles start at the top.

But at a time when the fans are majority unhappy he isn't the man in charge to bring the fans closer to the team, he's exactly the opposite

No point sacking him until the seasons end at the earliest - we aint qualifying for europe or winning a trophy likewise we aint going down and the options mid season to replace him with are limited and uninspiring.

No point wasting money to sack him and appoint some loser on big money to "save us" like Alladyce did just to pacify some of the crybabies in the fanbase.

Get until the end of the season and we go from there.
So, basically you are saying that there is no point sacking him not because he is a great manager who will turn this around and improve us but because , simply ...there is no point sacking him. Do you agree then that he is not a good manager or, at least, not good enough for us ?

When did we have no injuries last season mate? When did carlo have a full squad?

Please point out all those games when he had his full first 11 available and zero injuries.
I’m talking about 3 months with every key player injured for weeks even months, it never happened, he had gylf and Gomes as fresh legs also.
Rb is literally left with utter dirge and we still cannot get that into our heads

BT Sports panelists debating Rafael and have all agreed that issues run deeper than him and he can't be to fully blame.

They said we over achieved at the start of the season are now underachieving. They said Gray and Townsend are excellent signings and given more money he could bring more quality in. They said Brands can and can't be to blame. They said the blame is on Moshiri and Bill and a board change would be more important than sacking Rafael.

They agreed that Rafael needs a few more games before they think about pulling the trigger and even then bringing in someone else won't change the deep issues within the club.
No one said its all his fault. The problem is he isn't the solution to any of the problems.

When Ancelotti left the feeling was that the squad was capable of wonders and we were really unlucky and should have made Europe etc.

It was thought that the players caught wind of the manager leaving and went on holiday early, but next year we can kick on and should make Europe.

The manager has done overnight what took Moyes about 5 years in lowering the expectations so much that 3 points currently be seen as some form of managerial miracle.

Let's at least give him a chance to sell 95% of this terrible squad - or give them away / pay them off.
No new manager will turn these players into winners.
They are rubbish at football. Simple as that. Clear the slate and start again.
I just don't think we are in a position to do this Terry. That theory is based upon premier league status.

Status
Not open for further replies.