2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't sack managers if there is no trouble.
From what I gather from your posts the only reason you want Benitez is because you don't want us to change managers and if we somehow manage 5-6 points between now and Christmas it will be enough for him to be given time and funds and for us to be happy. If that's the case we should have kept Big Sam, I am sure he would have done much better than Benitez with those players.
Tell me, please, do you honestly believe that this man is going to improve us if he survives Christmas? And if so, how?

No point sacking him until the seasons end at the earliest - we aint qualifying for europe or winning a trophy likewise we aint going down and the options mid season to replace him with are limited and uninspiring.

No point wasting money to sack him and appoint some loser on big money to "save us" like Alladyce did just to pacify some of the crybabies in the fanbase.

Get until the end of the season and we go from there.

No point sacking him until the seasons end at the earliest - we aint qualifying for europe or winning a trophy likewise we aint going down and the options mid season to replace him with are limited and uninspiring.

No point wasting money to sack him and appoint some loser on big money to "save us" like Alladyce did just to pacify some of the crybabies in the fanbase.

I think I.....agree

Went to China for the "challenge" not the reddies, as well.
Nah, Rafael's always been a huge fan of Dali-something FC. Understood what it meant to the fans to be manager there. Felt at home amongst his people (the "ghangzou geordies" was it?!?). Would still be there now but for the small matter £12m a year wasn't coming in anymore. Plus, I imagine the commute must have been a bit of a ballache too.

Are people really using the Derby defeat to beat Benitez with... you are comparing two clubs... one in its best purple patch for nearly 30 years against a club who has been mis managed and wasted millions for years. If your going to bash Benitez be fair about it.. do it when he has the tools at his disposal and not one arm tied behind his back in the form of players not fit to wear the shirt, he is also having to manage with a shambles up above him with no direction or basic plan of how to go forward...
Nope, we're including the derby in a run of form that is our worst in 22 years. You OK with our current form?

We won't sack managers if there is no trouble.
From what I gather from your posts the only reason you want Benitez is because you don't want us to change managers and if we somehow manage 5-6 points between now and Christmas it will be enough for him to be given time and funds and for us to be happy. If that's the case we should have kept Big Sam, I am sure he would have done much better than Benitez with those players.
Tell me, please, do you honestly believe that this man is going to improve us if he survives Christmas? And if so, how?

No, Allardyce's modus operandi is to survive. He doesn't have anything else in him. Benitez has at least proved in the past he has what it takes to utilise a squad and win something with it. He hasn't proven necessarily he can build one, but we're Everton, you gamble on that or you go for Eddie Howe.

I think he'd improve us just by being in the job for a few years. It can't be stressed enough that having five managers in five years has put us in this situation, no matter how anti-Benitez you are you should be able to at least acknowledge that. So why, then, would you keep on doing it?

He's been given no money, inherited a threadbare squad with deep issues in key areas, such as no playmaker, one senior striker, no cover at full back and some shocking footballers. He's had the worst injuries I can personally remember; not just in pure numbers but the actual players getting injured who are the spine of the squad and, in many respects, the only decent footballers we have.

So I look at all mitigating circumstances and I go "give the fella a chance where possible". If it gets absurdly bad, fine, sack, but we're still 5 points clear of relegation and only 7 points off Europe, and it's been less than half a season - it is simply too early to pull the trigger, sack and bring in a panic appointment where we'll end up in exactly the same scenario in 12 months time, if not even worse.

The only place we’ll be going is an away trip to stoke next season if he is still in charge

August ^

September ^

To me, none of this is unexpected. I think that's the difference, combined with me being not arsed about Benitez managing Liverpool in the past. I simply expected us to struggle because of the obvious - the squad is terrible. Absolutely terrible.

And these predictions were before the injuries!
Why, based on recent seasons form, when we were never close to relegation, did you think we would be so poor? If you could choose just one thing that had changed on the playing side of the club, one major change, what would that be?

No, Allardyce's modus operandi is to survive. He doesn't have anything else in him. Benitez has at least proved in the past he has what it takes to utilise a squad and win something with it. He hasn't proven necessarily he can build one, but we're Everton, you gamble on that or you go for Eddie Howe.

I think he'd improve us just by being in the job for a few years. It can't be stressed enough that having five managers in five years has put us in this situation, no matter how anti-Benitez you are you should be able to at least acknowledge that. So why, then, would you keep on doing it?

He's been given no money, inherited a threadbare squad with deep issues in key areas, such as no playmaker, one senior striker, no cover at full back and some shocking footballers. He's had the worst injuries I can personally remember; not just in pure numbers but the actual players getting injured who are the spine of the squad and, in many respects, the only decent footballers we have.

So I look at all mitigating circumstances and I go "give the fella a chance where possible". If it gets absurdly bad, fine, sack, but we're still 5 points clear of relegation and only 7 points off Europe, and it's been less than half a season - it is simply too early to pull the trigger, sack and bring in a panic appointment where we'll end up in exactly the same scenario in 12 months time, if not even worse.
If he turns this around then I will admit I was completely wrong and that's fine by me if we are winning.

But equally if we persist with him and things continue to go wrong and we have to sack him anyway, I hope those who demanded he get more time admit they were wrong too.

I see no evidence whatsoever that he is the right person and that things could improve. Thats why I cant get behind this.

BT Sports panelists debating Rafael and have all agreed that issues run deeper than him and he can't be to fully blame.

They said we over achieved at the start of the season are now underachieving. They said Gray and Townsend are excellent signings and given more money he could bring more quality in. They said Brands can and can't be to blame. They said the blame is on Moshiri and Bill and a board change would be more important than sacking Rafael.

They agreed that Rafael needs a few more games before they think about pulling the trigger and even then bringing in someone else won't change the deep issues within the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.