2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder how Brands going will affect the players? He seemed popular with quite a few. Will that lead to RB losing the dressing room?
A few of the players look very unhappy already - Digne would rather be anywhere than playing for RB, Godfrey's confidence is shot, Coleman has no options to pass to so is continuously losing possession, Allan is constantly overrun in midfield with RB stubbornly refusing to change the formation to deal with this, Richarlison cuts a very frustrated figure.
If the players don't have belief in the manager there's a major problem.

Wonder how Brands going will affect the players? He seemed popular with quite a few. Will that lead to RB losing the dressing room?
A few of the players look very unhappy already - Digne would rather be anywhere than playing for RB, Godfrey's confidence is shot, Coleman has no options to pass to so is continuously losing possession, Allan is constantly overrun in midfield with RB stubbornly refusing to change the formation to deal with this, Richarlison cuts a very frustrated figure.

Certainly there will be one or two wondering who will give them their Birthday Cakes this year.

Executive action that a bloke that all signings over the last 3 years have spoken incredibly highly of has resigned and walked away?

The club couldn't even sack someone right. If anything, the players will be angrier at benitez for making it happen.
lol

Are you talking about that Dutch tit?

We are well past that stage

100% agree with this, everyone getting caught up with injuries. We had 2 against Liverpool, Mina and DCL. Yes DCL is a miss but would Mina really improve us to the extent most make out? Would he really, he isnt that much better than Keane, you hear the saying absence makes the heart grow fonder, well I think some are bigging up his importance to this side considerably. Some are making out he is VVD mkII but he just isn`t.....

As mentioned above :-

2 man CM v Liverpools 3
Formation/Tactics makes it hard for us to score whilst conceding
Rondon week in week out
Iwobi and Rondon start as a front 2 v Brentford
Who sent Kean to Juve
Who sent Nkounkou out on loan
Why did Small leave, a decision fully justified now
Weakened side v QPR

Whose fault is all that???

As a manager you will seldom have your 1st choice strongest XI available for many games, it is his job to mitigate these missing players with formation or tactics. He has failed on this, preferring to moan that he needs more players, which in my view shows a weakness, being as this squad has finished 8-12 in the last 4 seasons shows a weakness in the FSW, he cant get the results of previous managers with the same players + Townsend and Gray.

He is here to relegate us, he couldnt care less, get rid of the kopite... Moshiri been well and truly had, an absolute mug!
The whole squad is weaker regardless of injuries. It just isn't good enough.

Too many squad players left without being replaced. Add the Gylfi issue as well. There is just no competition for places.

OK it was him who made the decision on who to get rid of but he had to as the wage bill HAD to be reduced. I bet he'd have kept them all if he could have.

A protest and loss tonight could be enough to set Moshiri over the edge. I know a lot of people are viewing Brands leaving as a signal that Benitez is now safe as houses but I think this is only the beginning of a cull of staff and Benitez card will be marked, injuries and lack of money aside. Its his job to turn it around eventually if that doesn't happen with a draw tonight at least I'd say he'll be gone soon

I think it's make or break for Benitez tonight. A win/good performance buys him time. Hard to see him surviving another bad result/performance with Moshiri in attendance and a mutinous crowd.

Getting a bit mad now lads with the amount of stuff we are blaming Benitez for. We finished 10th last season on a -1 goal difference. Digne has been poor for quite some time, Keane is an absolute mess, Siggy loves slotting a through ball just a shame he likes slotting kids even more, Coleman needs replacing, our backup attacking options are a genuine shambles.

The squad needs a LOT of work, don't think Benitez is the man to take this club forward in the long term but we are at the stage of just throwing all our frustrations at the man.

But we're on our worst win in God knows how long and has shown no signs of adapting to those injuries, some of which have been long term in their own right so he should have at least tried.

He set up in a 4-2-4 against Liverpool last week. He has told one of the best attacking FBs in the league to not cross the halfway line, our young player of the year from last season looks totally clueless and the defence has been shambolic all season.

I'd like to think he'd learn from his mistakes but all he does is refuse to accept it's down to him and blame any other factor.

As I said, I don’t understand why he didn’t play Delph holding & allow Doucoure & Allan to play their more natural roles.

Re Digne, that’s not what I saw. He was up in support every time we attacked. His form dipped long before Benitez arrived.

Let‘s give some begrudged credit here. 1st goal a very clinical finish, as was Salah’s 1st. We fought our way back only for our Capt to make a massive blunder, again clinical finish. They’re doing that to better squads than ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.