2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The same fans who clapped the board just a few weeks ago, are dying on a hill over a left back who has been inconsistent for us for a few seasons, and are backing Kenwright to try and remove the manager?

Anyone with any intention to change things at the club would be giving Benitez a fair crack at the whip. They’d understand that firing another manager means the changes that need to happen get delayed. They can’t put aside their hatred of Benitez for five minutes to see the big picture though.

Brands out, Donnachie out, Steinsson out, Baxendale rumoured to be on her way, Digne probably going, a job for an old boy blocked, strategic review under way.

It’s already beginning.

See I'm happy about this, just a darn shame it's got to be Benitez pulling the strings.

Ragnarick would have done the same but only he wouldn't be so offensive on the eyes and ears for Evertonians.

Two thirds of posters are probably the SKY Sports brigade... football never existed in there eyes before they came in.. they are not prepared to wait and see things grow and want things yesterday that’s why so many managers get sacked nowadays unlike in the past.. imagine Howard Kendall first time around before Oxford a United or Alex Ferguson before Mark Robbins popped up with a goal against Forest... this shower of SKY Sports fans would of seen those two sacked after three or four months...
Mate, I’m one of the two thirds and I’m hardly Sky sports brigade. I watched us win the title in 1962-63. Just get used to the fact that most Evertonians don’t want Benitez as manager. The football we have played has been as bad as anything I’ve seen here, there is just the tiniest bit of justification for that if it brings good results...it hasn’t.

I don't know, I think it's a slippery slope to exclude the manager from any praise and put it all on the players, plus vice versa
But this is what those sort of posters do... you can bet your bottom dollar the next time the team gets beat it will switch.. it won’t be the players fault but the manager... you really could’nt make this stuff up but a forum is all about opinions and the more people disagree the better the engagement.. all good fun tho...

I think people might have to accept even if the club won the League and were unbeaten there will still be fans unhappy it was won by an ex kopite.. these people will never change there minds due to deep rooted hatred.. bitterness and conflict. just let them self destruct and get on with it... for most if Benitez is doing well it means the club is and that should be the bottom line..

See I'm happy about this, just a darn shame it's got to be Benitez pulling the strings.

Ragnarick would have done the same but only he wouldn't be so offensive on the eyes and ears for Evertonians.

Yep, I wasn’t too enamoured with it either. Sometimes it takes a leech to suck poison out though. Let Benitez scorch the earth and provide some actual fertile ground for a future manager to build on. At the moment the club is just pure poison though so if any manager is going to be inflicted by it, it may as well be one the majority of the fan base hates already because it’s not going to be an easy road out of this mess and unpopular decisions will have to be made.

Oh it was necessity I think, and if he drops the likes of Gordon and Dobbin in the next game then he's fully opened himself up to criticism unless he manages to win the game

That's totally fair
And if he plays Gordon and Dobbin in next game and they get beat what happens then and is that totally fair...

The man can’t win...

This is why he shouldn’t be our manager. There is no result he will ever get credit for, if we won the FA Cup he wouldn’t get any credit. Our fans just don’t like him and won’t have him. It’s best he’s gone sooner rather than later so we can move on from this never ending circle jerk.
And ofcorse this never ending circle jerk as you put it will automatically stop once Benitez leaves..

Cloud Cuckoo land springs to mind...

Mate, I’m one of the two thirds and I’m hardly Sky sports brigade. I watched us win the title in 1962-63. Just get used to the fact that most Evertonians don’t want Benitez as manager. The football we have played has been as bad as anything I’ve seen here, there is just the tiniest bit of justification for that if it brings good results...it hasn’t.
Fair enough.. if you are not a SKY Sports brigade fan then you must surely of been brought up like me on older more traditional values.. No... so if that’s the case how on earth can you be judging a manager who is yet to field his strongest team and has had less than 2 million to spend in one transfer window... going on your view you must of definately been one of the 13k who called for Howard Kendall to be sacked v Coventry in 1983.. you must of been if you are going to apply the same criteria for Benitez..

Fair enough.. if you are not a SKY Sports brigade fan then you must surely of been brought up like me on older more traditional values.. No... so if that’s the case how on earth can you be judging a manager who is yet to field his strongest team and has had less than 2 million to spend in one transfer window... going on your view you must of definately been one of the 13k who called for Howard Kendall to be sacked v Coventry in 1983.. you must of been if you are going to apply the same criteria for Benitez..
Because hatred is blind.

Didn't see the result of the forum poll in numbers of votes, but someone earlier said if was close and came out in favour of RB being sacked. Compared to the whole Everton family of fans the poll presumably is a microscopic sample and ought not be quoted as the voice of the people, and that would apply if the vote went for keeping him. His appointment must have come as a surprise and even a shock to many at the time. But the die has been cast and we should see it through and avoid following another Watford style management turn over farce. How long he will be given to achieve real lasting positive change, we don't know. Tighten your seatbelts for the ride.

He was playing his first choice team at the beginning of the season and the football would have made your eyes bleed. For your information I did not call for Howard’s removal, but, he had showed in his first season what his objectives were... joined up football and playing on the front foot. He was also a young progressive coach and a Blues legend as a player. Everything Benitez is not.

It’s hardly worth discussing anything with you, you have your messiah in Benitez and nothing I can say will change that.

Now that may or may not be true, the fact of the matter is I don’t know you so I don’t know what you think. The same thing applies to you, you are always deciding you know what other people have thought or done and from which demographic they come. It would be quite easy, judging from some of your posts, to assume that you are actually a Red on the wind up. I don’t assume that, because I don’t know you. Se how it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.