2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The poll would be much different if it was done during the first 6 games of the season. Swing voters will always vote based on the recency bias theory. If Everton starts winning again and Everton looks to be improving after the changes he made, I suspect a similar poll will see a swing in the other direction.

A theory of mine but it seems like Moshiri has been doing what fans wanted for a long time, appoint someone with football knowledge, Benitez, hands him power and retreat into the background without meddling. Maybe the 500m wasted has woke him up, maybe he is focused on the stadium. Maybe Usmanov is insisting.

You can disagree with his choice but he seems to be doing what many wanted.
Mosh, really has done nothing that the fans want, Stadium aside, he has gone after Marquee moments from day one and it has spectacularly failed.

He needs to let the football matters be dealt with by knowledgeable football minds and leave well alone.

It's that type of behaviour - only active when it's in Benitez' interest that initially caught my attention.

It's whether the account is ;

1. Just a blue who is engaging in the most topical EFC discussion.
2. A Benitez obsessive/bit of a fan boy. He does have a bit of a cult following.
3. And this is where I could be paranoid. A calculated PR effort.

The reason for 3, is because of behaviour that differs quite significantly from 1.
Exactly Danny, I’m happy to engage in debate or banter with posters from groups 1 and 2, but, there are two or three posters currently on the forum who fit firmly into group 3.

Not a chance on this earth he’s here this time next year. Everton fans decide the fate of Everton managers, they’ve already decided his. It’s just a matter of how long the owner prolongs it.

He's just come off the back of the worst run we've had in decades and the owners are still backing him to the hilt with nearly 40% of the fans on here still wanting him in a job.

He's safe as houses imo - limp home to a 9th-12th finish in the table and see how he gets on next season.

For what its worth - once DCL & Richarlison are fit and on the pitch together with 2-3 in the door in January I think we'll improve second half of the season and all this will be forgotten about (apart from the usual suspects who was on his back from day one).

Fair enough.. if you are not a SKY Sports brigade fan then you must surely of been brought up like me on older more traditional values.. No... so if that’s the case how on earth can you be judging a manager who is yet to field his strongest team and has had less than 2 million to spend in one transfer window... going on your view you must of definately been one of the 13k who called for Howard Kendall to be sacked v Coventry in 1983.. you must of been if you are going to apply the same criteria for Benitez..
I asked this previously and you never responded to it. How often do you think a manager is able to field his "strongest team"? (Any manager and just stick with PL) And I mean no injuries to their first 11 as otherwise its not their strongest team.

How often do you think ancelotti was able to last season just for reference? As I've seen you previously comment that you can't compare the two managers as benitez hasn't had his full strength team out.

Just so I know how long it is before we are allowed to criticise or judge a manager for future reference.

Last edited:

He's just come off the back of the worst run we've had in decades and the owners are still backing him to the hilt with nearly 40% of the fans on here still wanting him in a job.

He's safe as houses imo - limp home to a 9th-12th finish in the table and see how he gets on next season.

For what its worth - once DCL & Richarlison are fit and on the pitch together with 2-3 in the door in January I think we'll improve second half of the season and all this will be forgotten about (apart from the usual suspects who was on his back from day one).
78 people

L
O
L

Were most evertonians delighted hy the performances against Palace, brentford, Watford, villa, etc etc? Hell, we're they delighted with the 'performances' against saints or Burnley which we won?
we had a lot of players out for those games we lost. and yes people were well happy with the wins against Burnley and saints.

The poll would be much different if it was done during the first 6 games of the season. Swing voters will always vote based on the recency bias theory. If Everton starts winning again and Everton looks to be improving after the changes he made, I suspect a similar poll will see a swing in the other direction.

A theory of mine but it seems like Moshiri has been doing what fans wanted for a long time, appoint someone with football knowledge, Benitez, hands him power and retreat into the background without meddling. Maybe the 500m wasted has woke him up, maybe he is focused on the stadium. Maybe Usmanov is insisting.

You can disagree with his choice but he seems to be doing what many wanted.
Moshiri is a prize prannet as far as football is concerned , an unmitigated disaster as far as Everton are concerned.
Arsenal fans must be thanking their lucky stars that they are lumbered with the obnoxious Kroenke and not the other pair of Bells.

we had a lot of players out for those games we lost. and yes people were well happy with the wins against Burnley and saints.
I didn't ask about the results. I asked about the performances which is what you had talked about.

Forget the final results, were you happy with how we played against them and the football you watched for the whole game? You know, the performances.

It's that type of behaviour - only active when it's in Benitez' interest that initially caught my attention.

It's whether the account is ;

1. Just a blue who is engaging in the most topical EFC discussion.
2. A Benitez obsessive/bit of a fan boy. He does have a bit of a cult following.
3. And this is where I could be paranoid. A calculated PR effort.

The reason for 3, is because of behaviour that differs quite significantly from 1.

No 3, aren’t doing a very good good with their PR offensive, as they’re just coming across as condescending bellends and grinding most people’s gears tbh.

I didn't ask about the results. I asked about the performances which is what you had talked about.

Forget the final results, were you happy with how we played against them and the football you watched for the whole game? You know, the performances.
yes. Is your position then 'yes he got here last week, yes we came from behind to win 3-1 in thrilling fashion with some great goals, but the football played in the first half of the games was not over pleasing to mine eye'?

yes. Is your position then 'yes he got here last week, yes we came from behind to win 3-1 in thrilling fashion with some great goals, but the football played in the first half of the games was not over pleasing to mine eye'?
No, my position is, we played poorly aside from some 15 minute spells (Brighton game excluded), got a few results which made things seem better than it was, but the style (I use the word style loosely) was poor and within a few games showed its weakness which has seen us go on the abysmal run we have been on after what was considered an 'easy' start to the season.

Even without the injuries in those first few games, the style was poor. Injuries have exacerbated that, granted, But the football wasn't good even without the injuries.

Moshiri is a prize prannet as far as football is concerned , an unmitigated disaster as far as Everton are concerned.
Arsenal fans must be thanking their lucky stars that they are lumbered with the obnoxious Kroenke and not the other pair of Bells.
I guess most fans of any club are thrilled when some billionaire buys their club. It raises hopes about the possibility of competing with the top clubs. I am totally ignorant about big business and how the various winners became billionaires, except maybe that Russian louse who cashed in during the collapse of the Soviet Union. I doubt that Chelsea fans give a toss how he made his money all those years ago. It is hard not to form an opinion on Moshiri that he appears to be clueless regarding football, but may have taken bad advice. We misspent his money that is for sure. Hopefully he will have learned a lesson and will continue to invest hopefully to better effect at Everton. We need loads of loot to succeed in this game.

No, my position is, we played poorly aside from some 15 minute spells (Brighton game excluded), got a few results which made things seem better than it was, but the style (I use the word style loosely) was poor and within a few games showed its weakness which has seen us go on the abysmal run we have been on after what was considered an 'easy' start to the season.

Even without the injuries in those first few games, the style was poor. Injuries have exacerbated that, granted, But the football wasn't good even without the injuries.
I am confident that if people (not you) compare those wins to the games we played last year under Ancelotti most people will agree the games this season were better. If you are complaining though about 3-1 wins when we come from behind to win scoring brilliant goals then it is clear that as far as you are concerned it doesn't matter what he does you will find fault. So there doesn't seem much point in discussing the merits.

Status
Not open for further replies.