Seriously Folks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADE.T

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
As a Newcastle fan I just wanted to put some perspective into the cancellation of our game at Everton. We are one of very few teams to have actually played all of the first scheduled 19 games. On Monday against Manc U we had two goalies on the bench and two academy lads who haven’t started a first team game. Could be a clue there ? The additional injuries and Covid cases take that number even lower so any suggestion we are being given preferential treatment is laughable ! Also, can I just point out one other significant fact, Burnley ???

Welcome to Grand Old Team.

I keep seeing Newcastle fans crying about the prospect of having two 'keepers on the bench. As you have here.

That's been pretty standard for Everton for a couple of seasons.

I keep seeing Newcastle fans crying about the prospect of having academy lads on the bench who haven't started a first team game. As you have here.

That's been pretty standard for Everton for a couple of seasons. In fact, we had to give a debut to Ellis Simms and play other academy lads against Chelsea in our last game.

In my view;

Everton's game against Chelsea shouldn't have been called off.
Everton's game against Burnley shouldn't have been called off.
Everton's game against Newcastle most certainly shouldn't have been called off.

The Premier League are to blame.

Either apply fair and consistent rules, or postpone all games.

As a Newcastle fan I just wanted to put some perspective into the cancellation of our game at Everton. We are one of very few teams to have actually played all of the first scheduled 19 games. On Monday against Manc U we had two goalies on the bench and two academy lads who haven’t started a first team game. Could be a clue there ? The additional injuries and Covid cases take that number even lower so any suggestion we are being given preferential treatment is laughable ! Also, can I just point out one other significant fact, Burnley ???

We had an academy lad make his debut upfront against Chelsea and then another replace him later on. We've had 2 goalkeepers on the bench cor what feels like three years and have faield to make the full sub bench many, many times.

As much as it benefitted us, Burnley Everton shuoldn't have been called. Everton Newcastle shouldn't have been called. SImple as that. No surprise Wilson and ASM get injured and suddenly there is a COVID wave at Newcastle.

You guys must be knackered then playing all those games. Best get a nap.

We've been naming 2 keepers on the bench since Carlo - Link
We've named many youth players on the bench.
We had our initial appear to have our game called off rejected, due to only having 5 covid cases and 5/6 injuries.

I'd be interested to know how many Newcastle players (who have featured in the matchday squad) currently have covid? I've not seen the actual figure yet.

Fans are upset because it seems fishy to suddenly be unable to play, just days after playing (and losing a few key players to injury) injuries happen, we've had them all season. If there's a big covid outbreak suddenly after the United game, fair enough, but I'm guessing that there isn't or surely United would now be worrying that their players will all drop too?

I and thought you were coming to tell us Longstaff will be a great signing for us.

Welcome to Grand Old Team.

I keep seeing Newcastle fans crying about the prospect of having two 'keepers on the bench. As you have here.

That's been pretty standard for Everton for a couple of seasons.

I keep seeing Newcastle fans crying about the prospect of having academy lads on the bench who haven't started a first team game. As you have here.

That's been pretty standard for Everton for a couple of seasons. In fact, we had to give a debut to Ellis Simms and play other academy lads against Chelsea in our last game.

In my view;

Everton's game against Chelsea shouldn't have been called off.
Everton's game against Burnley shouldn't have been called off.
Everton's game against Newcastle most certainly shouldn't have been called off.

The Premier League are to blame.

Either apply fair and consistent rules, or postpone all games.
Don't forget Leicester as well if all the games were forfeited we would have had two 3-0 wins Vs Newcastle and Leicester and one 3-0 defeat against Burnley. 6 more points and a plus 3 goal difference which I doubt would have happened if we had actually played the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.