Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Thanks mate

We knew he was struggling and tried all we could to get him out more and just trying to speak to him and let him know we were there for him. Then he recently went through a break up with a long term partner and it seems that was the last straw.

I spent the afternoon with other friends and it did help a bit but counselling was something I was looking into before all this anyway so it’s definitely something I’ll progress with in the new year.
A sad story Adam. I'm sorry for your loss mate. Anytime you need a chat there will always be someone hanging round here.

Feel numb today, in complete shock. Don’t really know what to do with myself, didn’t sleep last night and don’t feel tired or anything for they matter. One of my best mates took his own life last night/early hours this morning, also happens to be the birthday of another one of our mates who took his own life 6 years ago, so what is already a difficult day has just been made 10x worse.
Bloody hell mate. I’m so sorry. The best thing about a group of mates is when you get together you’ll have so many tales of these two boys that you won’t be able to help but smile. Hope that helps you through the hard times.

Of course, this thread is here if you need us. Have the best new year you can, my mate.

For anyone feeling a bit down or on their own this evening I'd advise people to stay off social media . Seeing people post up there perfect happy lives isn't always a great thing to be looking at. Even if most of it is fake.
Bang on. The diet doesn’t have to start tomorrow, nor does any other massive life change have to take place in the space of a few hours.

If you want to improve aspects of your life then go for it, but do it on your own time and in your own way and use this thread to seek reassurance/advice/help or even to gloat (we’ll love to see it).

Enjoy your evening, folks

Feel numb today, in complete shock. Don’t really know what to do with myself, didn’t sleep last night and don’t feel tired or anything for they matter. One of my best mates took his own life last night/early hours this morning, also happens to be the birthday of another one of our mates who took his own life 6 years ago, so what is already a difficult day has just been made 10x worse.
I’m sorry for you lost. You have reasons to feel numb but don’t let the loss of your mates bring you down so much that you feel as helpless as them. There is professional aid for those feelings of hopelessness. And there are many of us here willing to listen too when you need someone to listen and give you some moral support. May your heart feels better soon.