Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
From 2-0 down, we did enough to arguably be the better team till the final whistle, so the players are decent enough and Brighton rarely lose, so are a good team. But why we were 2-0 down in the first place is pretty much all down to the manager.
How can argue that point when it was same formation and players that you say we're decent in the second half. Surely it is those players to blame for the crap we saw before half time.

Does that account for why he couldn't complete a pass or control the ball all afternoon though?
No but he isn’t great on the ball when he’s playing well either, that’s not his strength he’s no Glenn Hoodle, never has been.

He’s always been a box to box midfielder, it doesn’t help when he’s being played in a two man midfield where he is outnumbered.

You won't see worse Everton performances than Keane and Doucoure have just put in there.

That was shockingly bad.
Doucoure has been shocking from sometime..countless mispasses, too slow to react. In the current environment where almost all teams have pacy mfs , he is a complete misfit as is Allan.

This club is about this close >< to meaning nothing to me.

I hate this. What the utter ballocks is going on? How can people so rich and clever be so thick.

Hope we get a winding up order ?

He should have gone back four at half time, just to proud to admit he got it wrong. Just like the Watford game, winning with 15 minutes to go, pack the midfield, but instead puts iwobi on ???
In fairness to Benitez, and I usually try not to be, he's not the first manager to think 5 at the back is the answer for us, or to play 5 right footers across that back 5. But with the very odd exception, we are absolutely horrendous whenever we play 5 at the back. Plus it affects the whole team. Nobody seems to know where they should be or what their role in the team is. Our players just don't understand it well enough and then come unstuck when we're up against a well drilled and organised team.

This club is about this close >< to meaning nothing to me.

I hate this. What the utter ballocks is going on? How can people so rich and clever be so thick.

Hope we get a winding up order ?

It’s not stupidity as such, it’s more ego and arrogance getting to a level where it’s created a stagnant football club . They have the sycophants , the easily led and the disingenuous in company.

We also have elements of the fan base who will do their best to play down criticism and negativity. Each to their own but I’ll say this to them , no matter how much shame you put on those fans, how mocking you are and how repulsive in your condescending you are , it’s all there for everyone to see.

It is all there for everyone to see, what you are saying alongside the state the club finds itself in, who says what and where . It is all there for everyone to read and hear.

And no amount of belittling or shaming changes that.

All on Benitez this. 10 players had no clue what to do with the ball when they got it. Gordon was a shining light, 100% effort.

After 15 minutes RB put his big coat on.If anyone heard someone shouting "and close the door on your way out" .....it was me.

2-3 down, seconds ticking away, and our blockhead centre half who hasnt made a pass all day, takes a 40 yard shot.
Where does such poor decision making come from!?

Status
Not open for further replies.