Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You just can't expect is to win with these two in the mf, and that back 4. Doucs is too slow, observing him from a long time, and Allan is as slow and doesn't even have any creativity...need a pacy mf in the mf who can break opposition play, this should be the priority along with a decent centre half
Doucoure has his moments, and Allan has even fewer. Allan's problem, besides from being slower than Rondon, is that he's so wasteful in possession. He was a strange signing.

Well mate he couldn’t care less about you or any fan, or the club and the mess he will leave behind. It’s all about his ego.
Spot on, it goes with the territory that you need to have that ego, self belief to manage, but this imposter is all politics, control-freakery and power plays.

I don't care that he's ex-RS, he wasn't good enough to be appointed in the first place, has done nothing to justify the support some on here afford him.

Get rid, it's bad enough Digne will go, but who else has to be sacrificed on the altar of his ego before enough is enough?

News report just in from Manchester airport ,a young Russian man has been found trying to board a plane to anywhere and asked to be banned from entering the UK again. He has claimed another person is masquerading as him at Goodison Park .

Strange how people gladly make excuses for our consistently underperforming players, but never for the manager.
Has Doucoure been one of our consistent underperformers?

No, he hasn't. We were all bemoaning him being injured and you and a few others were saying that excused the manager when we started going on this run - because we were missing key players.

Agree, 3 player mf is a must now, but I just can't fathom which one is the 3rd? Gomes is carbon copy of both Allan and doucs. I wonder who sanctioned them altogether at the first place, they only differ in their heights.
I wouldn't play Gomes from the start but the one thing he has done very consistently all season is have a positive effect coming off the bench. Not sure why, possibly because the other team is tiring so he finds more time and space. But I'd definitely use him as an impact sub. So the third midfielder would be one of Davies, Gbamin, or delph, probably in that order depending on who is fit. If it is alongside Allan and Doucoure I'd like to see Onyango given a run out. You don't know until you try them. Other clubs like Liverpool, Villa and Arsenal are giving youngsters a go and they are doing well.

Strange how people gladly make excuses for our consistently underperforming players, but never for the manager.
He was part of a midfield being overrun, which everyone could see apart from the master tactician in the dug out to be fair mate.

Over the course of two years, I would say that he is not all that.
But you were saying his absence was one of the reasons we had our bad run weren't you?

Can't have it both ways bud.

Doucoure isn't amazing, no. He's a decent player though with a lot of physical quality which goes far in the Prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back