Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the squad available to us today, we should easily be beating Brighton at home. Why we went 3 at the back is a mystery - Gbamin, Onyango or even Iwobi could have played centrally and Gordon and Gray pushed up alongside DCL.

It’s getting to the stage where I lost faith in both Koeman and Silva - The random “try something different and hope it works” phase. That, for me, is a sign he’s out of ideas.

Of course, I’m concerned that whoever we brought in to replace Benitez wouldn’t be any better, but it’s hard to conceive at this stage that he’d be any worse.

I say that, knowing that Benitez isn’t going anywhere soon, anyway.
Are you serious?

Actually NO...

Just back from the game - happy new year Everton you complete bunch of arse.

Benitez has had the best part of 3 weeks with no game, and that's the best he can come up with?! Christ.3 at the back, no proper lb, two ineffective cms, a striker that hasn't kicked a ball for 5 months on pens then rondon comes on, while Simms and Dobbin get splinters - complete shambles.

He's a tactical dinosaur, far too inflexible - made an average Brighton side look boss.

Don't see it getting any better with incoming players as he's just a crap manager. All three goals are too easy and so preventable, it wasn't great football that done us - it's the manager and players not taking responsibility.

Fair play to flash Gordon, gave everything as did gray - rest were awful.
Sorry, Nath. That’s not the best experience to begin the new year. How was the atmosphere at the stadium after the match was over?

What did we learn from that.?

1. We are absolutely crap when we play 5 at the back
2. With the players we have at our disposal, we need to play with a midfield 3. not 2.
3. Rondon is an absolute waste of space and should be nowhere near the pitch
4. Gomes is pretty useful when played from the bench. but needs a little bit more than 5 minutes if you want him to impact the game
5. The side is completely unbalanced if you don't have a naturally left footed left back.
6. We have a manager that put's his ego ahead of the team.
7. We have a group of young players whose enthusiasm lifts the other players
8. Keane is an absolute liability when his confidence is low..

Erm. Am I missing something here. Didn't we already know all those things before the 'kin match kicked off.

Anyway, only one candidate for MOM. Anthony Gordon. Anyone who picks anybody else today is surely on a wind up. Well done lad, you didn't deserve to be on the losing side. I'd have also started with Branthwaite and brought on either Simms or Dobbin ahead of Rondon. Absolutely criminal that we went without Digne.

Decent team Brighton and it was never going to be an easy game. But we could have taken all points today with the right personnel and formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.